Holidays

Booking that Palma trip shortly.
For next week.

6 miles outside the city (that's so pricy) but next to the beach, v close to the Aquarium and with a bus service every 10 mins into Palma itself.

Definitely using the train to Soller at one stage.

Questions over the Airport (it's been so long since I've been away). Plane lands around 11:45pm - fortunately only 1.5 miles away from the airport. Easy enough to grab a local taxi at this time of night:? Likely to take card payment?

Again, figuring I won't need to take any cash/Euros and get by with card payment everywhere but I don't know....

Off to London to watch BTTF musical, then train to Paris for 2 days, train to Brussels for 2 days then train to Amsterdam for 2 days. Any recommendations in those cities?

Booking that Palma trip shortly.
For next week.

6 miles outside the city (that's so pricy) but next to the beach, v close to the Aquarium and with a bus service every 10 mins into Palma itself.

Definitely using the train to Soller at one stage.

Questions over the Airport (it's been so long since I've been away). Plane lands around 11:45pm - fortunately only 1.5 miles away from the airport. Easy enough to grab a local taxi at this time of night:? Likely to take card payment?

Again, figuring I won't need to take any cash/Euros and get by with card payment everywhere but I don't know....
Went to Palma earlier this year, I took my Monzo card as no fees but you can use your card nearly everywhere. Certainly in restaurants, cafes, bars. And free to take cash out should you wish to visit a market or anything

Perfect.

Haven't got round to sorting a Monzo account yet (just with Nat West) so I'll look at fees from my own bank.
May look into sorting an account with them.

Cheers.

My brother lives in Geneva.
Have to admit it's a little emotionally cold (unless you know someone you'd struggle to make a connection).

But beautiful in parts. Just not sure I could live there.
It had a nice vibe to it this weekend, helped by the hot weather.

Off to London to watch BTTF musical, then train to Paris for 2 days, train to Brussels for 2 days then train to Amsterdam for 2 days. Any recommendations in those cities?
I’ve seen BTTF in both Manchester and London, and it’s superb.

Paris - all the obvious places but make sure you walk around Montmartre, it’s beautiful.

Brussels - The Atomium, Mini-Europe and Grand Place.

Amsterdam - the most disappointing city I’ve been to. Can’t believe it’s so highly rated (although I thought the Anne Frank Museum was very good).

I’ve seen BTTF in both Manchester and London, and it’s superb.

Paris - all the obvious places but make sure you walk around Montmartre, it’s beautiful.

Brussels - The Atomium, Mini-Europe and Grand Place.

Amsterdam - the most disappointing city I’ve been to. Can’t believe it’s so highly rated (although I thought the Anne Frank Museum was very good).
Ah brill thanks mate. Had BTTF booked since Covid lol but after some personal issues we had to keep moving it, but found this date in November in that there London - can’t wait. As an 80s kid, BTTF was my fav and still is!

Yeah a mate RE Amsterdam says it’s brilliant but I’ve never really been bothered, but it was £12 on a train from Brussels so felt like we had to do it

Went to Palma earlier this year, I took my Monzo card as no fees but you can use your card nearly everywhere. Certainly in restaurants, cafes, bars. And free to take cash out should you wish to visit a market or anything

In fact - good point.
I need to double check but I think Nat West charge 2.75% (depending on account) per transaction.
Which may add up over the course of the holiday.
Might look at setting up a Monzo acc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.