Holidays

Have a good un, we did a day in the bronx last time, it’s an interesting place but I wouldn’t be confident of walking around there in the dark! For an experience and football have a couple of drinks at Rudy’s Dive Bar, it’s on 9th Avenue (627), Hells Kitchen, great atmosphere. Been some very famous people in there and you get a free hot dog!

It’s not far the Intrepid Museum which is a combination of the US Intrepid aircraft carrier and the Nuclear Submarine US Growler. It’s a good half day out, it’s on 12th Avenue, you can walk around both vessels, there’s a couple of VR rides on the ship and the sub is very interesting, I wouldn’t like to be on one of those, the living and working spaces are tiny/claustrophobic.

Cheers! The only time we went to the Bronx was for a baseball game, which was crap. We made the mistake of getting a general admission ticket for the Independence Day series and so it was hammered. We queued for an hour to get into the Yankees Stadium and then we couldn't see a thing in the standing areas. A beer and hotdog included with the ticket was the only good thing about it.

Noted on the other stuff, thanks. I think the military stuff my brother went to a couple of years ago, being ex Navy and was showing me photos before we went. We just didn't get around to it.

O'Hara's at Ground Zero is another cracking place to eat and drink and pretty amazing with all the 9/11 shit in there, with the walls and ceilings covered in emergency services badges from all over the world. A great pint of Guinness too.

I’d love to go back but it’s damn expensive over there ad the tipping culture is getting out of hand even Americans are getting pissed off with, 20% plus on top your meal get fucked.

Yep, the tipping is ridiculous. It's New York, pay your staff properly FFS.

I just kept asking the missus to sort the payment and don't tell me, haha.

Quick question. If I buy cigarettes in a shop abroad have I then paid the duty and tax on them ? Can I then bring them into the UK for personal consumption? Seeing conflicting things online about a personal allowance of 800 cigs and at £16 per 200 here wouldn't mind making a few quid.

Obviously I'll declare the tax on the profit @SWP's back ;-)

Quick question. If I buy cigarettes in a shop abroad have I then paid the duty and tax on them ? Can I then bring them into the UK for personal consumption? Seeing conflicting things online about a personal allowance of 800 cigs and at £16 per 200 here wouldn't mind making a few quid.

You can bring 200 before you have to pay duty and/or tax.

No. And if you are bringing them in for the intention of someone else then it's smuggling.

You can bring 200. If you have other adults with you, get them to use their allowance.

If you go over your limit you'll pay import duty you'll have to pay VAT but that doesn't cover the duty.

Hong Kong, Bangkok & Phuket in a couple of weeks time. Any must dos? Never been that part of the world.

I’m considering going to Thailand with the missus, but I’m not really sure the best location to stay.

I’m after more of a relaxed, chilled out holiday, with some touristy things to do. I’ve had a look at the various islands, but I’m not quite sure - Ko Samui looks decent. Anyone on here got any recommendations?

Koh Samui is ace mate.

We booked New York this afternoon. Sailing there again on the Queen Mary 2.

We enjoyed it that much in June that we're doing the same trip again.

What a place New York is. We have to go back.
Never been on a cruise but we’ve booked to go in 2025 on QM2 as we can take our dogs.I take it you recommend it as you’ve booked again any tips?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.