Holidays

Cheers. Having done all the major cities in Spain, we are moving down to the next level of places now. Went to Zaragoza for 24 hours over Christmas, which was excellent, but Cordoba has been on the list for a while. Can't wait to see the Mosque-Cathedral, which looks amazing.

We originally had 3 nights in Cordoba, 1 in Malaga, but have swapped it around to 2 nights in each so we can get around Malaga's main sites. Looks like there's a lot to see there.
Malaga is a very compact City, once you get your bearings it’s easy to find your way around. Visit bar Antigua Casa de Guardia Bar on Alameda Principal, it has a web site and directions but it’s easy to miss as the entrance is just a door on a busy road.

It’s got massive barrels of wine and sherry behind the bar and your tab is written in chalk on the slate counter, they do tapas as well.

Picasso and Hemingway used to go in the bar going back many years, there’s photos of them in there. Malaga’s oldest bar as well.

Malaga is a very compact City, once you get your bearings it’s easy to find your way around. Visit bar Antigua Casa de Guardia Bar on Alameda Principal, it has a web site and directions but it’s easy to miss as the entrance is just a door on a busy road.

It’s got massive barrels of wine and sherry behind the bar and your tab is written in chalk on the slate counter, they do tapas as well.

Picasso and Hemingway used to go in the bar going back many years, there’s photos of them in there. Malaga’s oldest bar as well.
In addition to not doing football on holidays, hanging around bars isn't really my (or my family's ) thing.

We are more interested in the building, architecture and parks.

Thanks for the tip though.

In addition to not doing football on holidays, hanging around bars isn't really my (or my family's ) thing.

We are more interested in the building, architecture and parks.

Thanks for the tip though.
It’s just if you fancy a bit of tapas really, it’s what most people go in there for, they serve tiny beers with Tapas, about third of a pint.

It’s a great City though, been a few times, mostly whilst on golf trips but I went with Mrs H a few years ago, we did plenty of mooching about but mostly down the coast on the train as it runs from Malaga to Fuengirola, quite a few stops on the way.

I know you’re going to Cordoba, I had recorded James Martin’s Spanish adventure and the one I watched at lunchtime was Cordoba, looks absolutely spectacular and as your into Architecture you should really enjoy that City, hope you have a good un.

On a Singapore Airlines A380 for the first time next week, hope it matches up. Also booked a flight later in year and paid a bit more to to fly at a different time just to go on a 787 Dreamliner!
The 380 is OK especially on the upper deck. The 787, is fine depending on the airline and class. It was originally designed to be 3-2-3 in economy, but BA and many other airlines made it 3-3-3. If you by the window where the cabin starts to narrow it's not a nice experience. The A350 knocks spots off the 787, and I actively go for one if I can. Next week is London-Helsinki-Bangkok on Finnair A350 all the way.

It’s just if you fancy a bit of tapas really, it’s what most people go in there for, they serve tiny beers with Tapas, about third of a pint.

It’s a great City though, been a few times, mostly whilst on golf trips but I went with Mrs H a few years ago, we did plenty of mooching about but mostly down the coast on the train as it runs from Malaga to Fuengirola, quite a few stops on the way.

I know you’re going to Cordoba, I had recorded James Martin’s Spanish adventure and the one I watched at lunchtime was Cordoba, looks absolutely spectacular and as your into Architecture you should really enjoy that City, hope you have a good un.
Thanks. Yes, I'm expecting the Mosque-Cathedral in Cordoba to be the highlight of the trip, but we'll see.

On a Singapore Airlines A380 for the first time next week, hope it matches up. Also booked a flight later in year and paid a bit more to to fly at a different time just to go on a 787 Dreamliner!

I’ve flown on a Dreamliner to Florida a few years back. The descent was the most obvious difference, no popping ears or the such.

Can anyone recommend a good destination for a family, well I say family it's just me and my 2 boys aged 7 and 9. We went on an all Inc to Kos last year, Mitsis Blue Domes resort, had an amazing time, although I think i was the only single dad in the whole bloody complex. My boys are at an age where they get bored quite easily so anywhere with plenty of on-site activities would be good. Bonus if there's plenty to see and do beyond the resort such as a town or village, historical sites, theme parks etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.