Holidays

Just booked a week in Matagorda in Lanzarote in April. School hols so cost a bomb but hey ho! I need some sun!
Chatting with the wife about this as our daughter enters secondary school this year, schools can basically choose their own holidays these days why the fuck don’t they stagger them so us and the teachers can get better deals and fuck the companies over, no one needs 6 weeks in summer have two weeks in June go back for 4 weeks then have 4 off, same goes for half terms etc. if we get a really good deal I’ll take the fine it can save thousands, might have probkens with the school but I’d fight my corner, especially after the shit show that was Covid

We've just booked 2 weeks in Malaysia in June, few nights in Kuala Lumpur then Penang and maybe Langkawi, can't wait. Direct flights from Heathrow for both at £1,250 all in.
Just got back from Penang,Ferringhi beach.
Loved the place,the hotel was amazing and the food so cheap outside the hotel.
The beach area is shrinking tho due to tidal erosion
Make sure you only bring in the right amount of duty free as they were scanning every case at the time and we got fined for having 2.5 litres.
Not sure in June if its not a bit humid and rainy tho.
@radcliffe rick was very helpful as hes a frequent visitor.

Chatting with the wife about this as our daughter enters secondary school this year, schools can basically choose their own holidays these days why the fuck don’t they stagger them so us and the teachers can get better deals and fuck the companies over, no one needs 6 weeks in summer have two weeks in June go back for 4 weeks then have 4 off, same goes for half terms etc. if we get a really good deal I’ll take the fine it can save thousands, might have probkens with the school but I’d fight my corner, especially after the shit show that was Covid
Yeah I would too if my wife wasn’t a teacher! :-)

Last edited:
Just got back from Penang,Ferringhi beach.
Loved the place,the hotel was amazing and the food so cheap outside the hotel.
The beach area is shrinking tho due to tidal erosion
Make sure you only bring in the right amount of duty free as they were scanning every case at the time and we got fined for having 2.5 litres.
Not sure in June if its not a bit humid and rainy tho.
@radcliffe rick was very helpful as hes a frequent visitor.
Cheers for that, always good to get more info. Which hotel did you stay in at Penang pal?

I had 2 nights in Blackpool (golf trip) and 2 nights in Istanbul last year, that was it. This year i was hoping to do a Far East trip, either travelling by internal flights/trains or a Cruise. However the costs, just like everything else are just increasing at a ridiculous rate. I’ll have to reverse my retirement if things get much worse.

I’m not one for lying on a sun lounger or beach so my options are limited, any recommendations for decently priced holidays?

Cheers for that, always good to get more info. Which hotel did you stay in at Penang pal?
Shangri la Rasa Sayang
Really nice and we got a good late deal on it.
You have to apply for an e-gate visa now not more than 3 days before in case you hadnt seen it.
Only started this year I think , easy enough tho .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.