Holidays

Off to India next week to do the golden triangle. Taking three young kids with us. Not sure why I let my wife convince me this was a good idea and the family trip to the GP to get our vaccines didn't help convince me. I needed four and the kids needed two each so after a lot of tears and a lollipop I was eventually okay. Kids were absolutely fine mind.

Looking forward to seeing some interesting things, getting hot and sweaty, shitting myself and coming back with memories that last a lifetime. Might be a holiday I lose weight on this one...which will be a first.

Off to India next week to do the golden triangle. Taking three young kids with us. Not sure why I let my wife convince me this was a good idea and the family trip to the GP to get our vaccines didn't help convince me. I needed four and the kids needed two each so after a lot of tears and a lollipop I was eventually okay. Kids were absolutely fine mind.

Looking forward to seeing some interesting things, getting hot and sweaty, shitting myself and coming back with memories that last a lifetime. Might be a holiday I lose weight on this one...which will be a first.

Good luck lol!

Ahead of my birthday (same day as Copenhagen away), my son and I pondered forking out the £329, 24 hour trip to Denmark, and paying a tenner a pint.
We're now having 5 nights in Benidorm instead (fly out after Everton game, get back in time for Chelsea game).
£66 for return flights.
£25 a night BnB
£1.35 a pint (2 San Miguel for €3).
Oh, and the weather forecast is 19⁰ C too.

Having spent a small fortune traipsing round Europe (Liverpool - Nice - Geneva - Berne - Basle - Nice - home) then paying £9.50 a pint, to get p*ss wet through at the Wankdorf, Benidorm is an absolute no brainer!
The 1 euro pint is still alive and well in Uncle Peds. Estrella bottles at 5.4% gravity were also on sale at a euro a bottle. Desperados which are one of my favourites drinks were 2 euros a bottle but definatly not a session drink owing to ABV. Coffee and cake are still one euro.

Uncle Peds still has Pablo Bloom playing nightly and a cracking turn if youv'e never seen him. he has just completed a Xmas tour of the UK but is now safely back in his ancestrol home. Not heard many folk saying they didnt enjoy his act, but in the interest of fair play and board harmony here is a vid with 5 reasons not too.

On the Gerona strip, bottle prices before 7pm remain insanely cheap to say there's live bands playing on the hour.
California bar was 1.60 euro for Estrella and the Western Saloon was 1.50 euro a bottle. Best act in the Western bar for us was Liam Gallegher tribute and next door at California was Rod stewart who sounded exactly like him. Bruno Mars on at Neptunes every night at 11pm was nothing short of superlative.

We were A.I but still got out and mixed up with the drink and food otherwize it gets stale. Our worst full English was at The Four Kings on Mediteranean at the crossover to Gerona were the Black Chicken Karaoke bar is. It was advertised at euro 1.99 but we upgraded to a 2.99 one with extra sausage and beans.

I asked the waiter if he could please clean the table, but he just wiped it over with a dirty dry cloth. We brought Wilko wet wipes with us and cleaned it ourself and the black shite that came off was pretty soul destroying. The floor was also covered in dog ends quaver packets and detritus, but we batted on regardless expecting them to wow us both with their trade mark bad boy breakfasts.

Anyway they came and both eggs were snotty and our sausages were not freshly cooked and our bacon was not bacon but reconstituted reformed spanish ham covered in fat and grease. My beans could only be described as inedible and tasted worst than any My Mums bargain tins you get back home.

Worst was yet to come as I tucked into my 2 toasts that had only been toasted on one side which is unforgivable. Also they had not even bothered to butter them. Our mugs of coffee were fair to middling, but we had deffo been had for fat lads @ten euros and so will not be returning.

We only went in on a recommendation from the Mad Mike Crazy Marcus and Scooter Sue trio of the you tube. Dont believe everything you see or read and can only imagine it was a paid for presentation as their floor looked clean.

Best full English was at the White Lion On the promenade. It has an upstairs Castle veranda with wicked views over the sea. The price I think was 6 euro each but a nicely cooked breakfast with ambient views of the promenade and surrounding vista. The pint of local to wash it down was hard to swallow at euro 3.70, but it is what it is and the location made it worthwhile.

baFvw1w.jpg

Your return flights are brilliant value mate so well spotted. If anyone is seaching for cheap flights then it's always worth a peep on TUI's last minute flight deals as they include the 10k bag. Last look they were offering them at £79 return from Manny. Also nice to see TUI have upped their hold luggage on holidays to 20k from 15k.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.