Holidays

Any suggestions for me and the missus, two girls 1x24 1x20,(girls never been abroad before).
I love Greece.
Girls want a resort that's a bit lively but not overly.
I don't want it over bearing.
I'd do a villa but think they'd be bored.
Mind you the lazy fuckers won't get up now so what the heat will do to them God knows

Help!!
Icelmer? Turkey.....Marmaris is taxi ride around bay, so the girls can go out there (clubs open very late) and will get home just as you've had the night to yourselves, and leave for the beach ;)
Icelmer is quite quiet, so win win for all.

In Taormina. An abundance of excellent restaurants and bars. It’s a bit hilly and we are a good walk away from the main town, albeit an off road walk, but there’s more central hotels than where we are. We just like this one. The town is all level though and the views are amazing. The town is separated from the beach too but there’s a cable car to take you down. Never done it but thinking of giving it a go today.
This.....Sicilly is a great place.

Been to numerous places on the Greek islands, and possible that Stalida/Stalis could fit your bill. A pretty place oozing sense and sensibility, with snippets of Ye Olde Greek charm.

Also an abundance of good restauraunts/bars with a few English affairs, such as the Red Lion and Robin Hood offering karaoke, live music, quizzes, atmos and great pub grub. Beach is very pretty and suitable for all age groups without the hustle bussle and intense vibes of Malia. If you do want an occational night out in Malia without the girls, then in Malia central there are some top clubs doing the rounds.

Excellent prices abound with good Greek taverna meals starting at 10-12 euros and an ice cold pint of the local starting at 1.50 euros and upwards. A nice pint to be had in the day time by the old church with great service and camaraderie.

I had my first ever Mousaka their as ever man and his dog was raving about it. To be fair it was nice, but it tasted just like shep-pie with a brace of aubergine bunged in for good measure. They'll be nicking our egg and chips next!

gi9UCxd.jpg

Edit: I may have mentioned Stalida on the holiday thread a few years back. Not too sure?
Totally agree on Stalida and if it’s peace and quiet you want the Eastern part of the town is idyllic. Try “Romantic Corner” restaurant which is fab.
The Western part is more touristy with the English style pubs/restaurants as Bob states.
Very cheap and nice wine to be bought in refill plastic bottles at three euros a litre in a shop over in the Eastern part

Went years ago, 90's ....probably the only place I wouldn't return to, imo was a shithole that stank, but I'm sure there're plenty who like it.
No doubt cheap these days, since the terrorist shootings, think it was in Sousse, resort I went to.
Went to Hammanet last October and it was really nice .. people are lovely and her indoors loved it ( she was a bit dubious about going beforehand).. weather was great and going again this October

Finally saw some real Spain, as opposed to Ibiza, Magaluf, Benidorm and the usual spots in my 20s.

Went to Barcelona, train to Valencia, train to Madrid and side quest to Toledo. 3 nights in each city.

Barcelona was good (very strong coffee game), Valencia better (Old town) Madrid big let down (no character despite the monuments) but Toledo was incredible, just a really old citadel, its like going back in time 500 years. Must have walked an average of 25000 steps a day. Was wrecked at the end.

The Basílica de la Sagrada Família was the most must see. A very strange and eclectic building that looks almost cartoony and disjointed from the outside, but the minute you step inside its spectacular. The inside design and light that comes from it is something I cant describe and my shitty phone camera just couldn't capture adequately. It really is a marvel.

Certialy saw lots of culture and some amazing architecture. Ate some really good food and had plenty of good beers.

Will make an effort to the the Basque country.

Finally saw some real Spain, as opposed to Ibiza, Magaluf, Benidorm and the usual spots in my 20s.

Went to Barcelona, train to Valencia, train to Madrid and side quest to Toledo. 3 nights in each city.

Barcelona was good (very strong coffee game), Valencia better (Old town) Madrid big let down (no character despite the monuments) but Toledo was incredible, just a really old citadel, its like going back in time 500 years. Must have walked an average of 25000 steps a day. Was wrecked at the end.

The Basílica de la Sagrada Família was the most must see. A very strange and eclectic building that looks almost cartoony and disjointed from the outside, but the minute you step inside its spectacular. The inside design and light that comes from it is something I cant describe and my shitty phone camera just couldn't capture adequately. It really is a marvel.

Certialy saw lots of culture and some amazing architecture. Ate some really good food and had plenty of good beers.

I love Valencia and Toledo as well as other cities such as Sevilla, Cordoba, Granada etc. Prefer Madrid to Barcelona though.

Done Spain’s 6 largest cities in the last few years as well as a few of the minor places as well.

Seville is out in front for me but most cities have something incredible. It might be modern but the City of Arts and Scienes in Valencia is one of the most amazing pieces of architecture I’ve ever seen.

You are correct about the light in La Sagrada Familia, and that Madrid is a bit of a let down. However Madrid’s strongest card is its accessibility to other places. Went for a short break last year and did a trip to both Toledo and Segovia.

Saw the Mesquita in Córdoba earlier this year and again, absolutely blown away by this.

Got a Christmas trip that takes in Granada, Seville (can’t wait to go back), Barcelona and Tossa de Mar.

For me, it’s hands-down the best country in the world for things to see.

Done Spain’s 6 largest cities in the last few years as well as a few of the minor places as well.

Seville is out in front for me but most cities have something incredible. It might be modern but the City of Arts and Scienes in Valencia is one of the most amazing pieces of architecture I’ve ever seen.

You are correct about the light in La Sagrada Familia, and that Madrid is a bit of a let down. However Madrid’s strongest card is its accessibility to other places. Went for a short break last year and did a trip to both Toledo and Segovia.

Saw the Mesquita in Córdoba earlier this year and again, absolutely blown away by this.

Got a Christmas trip that takes in Granada, Seville (can’t wait to go back), Barcelona and Tossa de Mar.

Italy ???

Will have to add Seville. Will add, the rail system is superb. On time, runs smooth and easy to navigate. Plus the trains are clean.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.