Holidays

Not a holiday but a day out in Berwick Upon Tweed.
A great little Lowry exhibition.
Great wee walking town as well.
Durham tomorrow for the Durham miners gala.
Anybody been to that.

Mrs H and myself off to the Far East in Jan/Feb, probably our last long haul trip, appreciate any tips.

Singapore - 3 nights
Cruise:
Ko Samui - 1 day
Bangkok- 2 days
Hi Chi Min City - 1 day
Na Trang - 1 day
Hong Kong - 1 day
Taiwan - transit only, cruise docks there
Kuala Lumpur - 3 days

Never been to that part of the world and was going to do a self planned tour but there's pitfall's for a couple of mid 60's travellers so we've gone for the easy option.

Any must see sights, recommended restaurants, travel tips, etc.

As an aside I only miss home games depending on the draw for the last CL round and the 4th round of the FA Cup. I'm assuming the Arsenal away game will be moved to the Sunday (all CL games following are played Wednesday at 8pm), if it is I'll be in a Bangkok bar cheering the lads on.

Mrs H and myself off to the Far East in Jan/Feb, probably our last long haul trip, appreciate any tips.

Singapore - 3 nights
Cruise:
Ko Samui - 1 day
Bangkok- 2 days
Hi Chi Min City - 1 day
Na Trang - 1 day
Hong Kong - 1 day
Kuala Lumpur - 3 days

Never been to that part of the world and was going to do a self planned tour but there's pitfall's for a couple of mid 60's travellers so we've gone for the easy option.

As an aside I only miss home games depending on the draw for the last CL round and the 4th round of the FA Cup. I'm assuming the Arsenal away game will be moved to the Sunday (all CL games following are played Wednesday at 8pm), if it is I'll be in a Bangkok bar cheering the lads on.

No recommendations other than I hope you both have a fantastic time mate.

I'm off back to Llandudno in a couple of weeks just for the weekend, if the seagulls don't kill me I will be back refreshed and ready to go :)

No recommendations other than I hope you both have a fantastic time mate.

I'm off back to Llandudno in a couple of weeks just for the weekend, if the seagulls don't kill me I will be back refreshed and ready to go :)
I'm in Llandudno next Sunday - Tuesday on a golf trip, I'll try and leave you some beer, cheers.

Singapore - 3 nights
Cruise:
Ko Samui - 1 day
Bangkok- 2 days
Hi Chi Min City - 1 day
Na Trang - 1 day
Hong Kong - 1 day
Kuala Lumpur - 3 days

We’re actually in Thailand now for 4 weeks and have done 3 similar cruises to the one you are going on.
We are also in our early 60’s and discovered Asia about 10 years ago.
Where to start?
Bangkok. It’s got it all. Whatever you enjoy doing, it’s got it.
I guess you’ll be docking in Lam Chabang. The cruise tours are insane money, so book it independently. We used www.thaitourguide.com
It’s about 2 1/2 hours drive to Bangkok. You can see most of the sights in 1 days, then stay overnight and get the driver to take you back to the ship the next day after a massage, shopping in MBK and taking in the nightlife of Nana Plaza!
Vietnam is a hidden gem.
Figure out what you want to do and try to book it independently before you travel.
I was disappointed with Hong Kong, but that’s my personal experience. I’d recommend the hop on hop off bus to get to see everything quickly.
Kuala Lumpur we only stopped at for a day and did the Petronas Towers.
Most people that haven’t been to the Far East think of it as third world.
It isn’t and you’re in for an amazing experience.
This is a brief overview and I could go on for hours!
If you want more info PM and I’ll reply when I can.
PS. More City shirts here than all the other clubs put together.

We’re actually in Thailand now for 4 weeks and have done 3 similar cruises to the one you are going on.
We are also in our early 60’s and discovered Asia about 10 years ago.
Where to start?
Bangkok. It’s got it all. Whatever you enjoy doing, it’s got it.
I guess you’ll be docking in Lam Chabang. The cruise tours are insane money, so book it independently. We used www.thaitourguide.com
It’s about 2 1/2 hours drive to Bangkok. You can see most of the sights in 1 days, then stay overnight and get the driver to take you back to the ship the next day after a massage, shopping in MBK and taking in the nightlife of Nana Plaza!
Vietnam is a hidden gem.
Figure out what you want to do and try to book it independently before you travel.
I was disappointed with Hong Kong, but that’s my personal experience. I’d recommend the hop on hop off bus to get to see everything quickly.
Kuala Lumpur we only stopped at for a day and did the Petronas Towers.
Most people that haven’t been to the Far East think of it as third world.
It isn’t and you’re in for an amazing experience.
This is a brief overview and I could go on for hours!
If you want more info PM and I’ll reply when I can.
PS. More City shirts here than all the other clubs put together.
That's brilliant, thank you, @RadcliffeRick who has spent time in Kuala Lumpur is helping me with that part of the trip but you've given me some great advice there. Wouldn't have thought about staying in Bangkok but it makes a lot of sense, I'll definitely do that.

I'll pm you when I can think of other things to ask, I'll use the independent Thai tour guide as you've advised.

Cheers, really appreciated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.