Holidays

Anybody recommend a hotel with aqua park, or aqua park very close by?....needs to be cheap as! Prefer AI as better for kids, they only eat crap anyway!! Looked at one in Majorca last week, but can't remember the name of hotel.
Would literally be for kids, somewhere to eat/sleep...no luxuries required!
I've managed going on holiday in Scouse half term week, when it was different to Hampshires (I didn't know) so can put up with anything that's not a war zone ;)
Kids only eat crap anyway ???
That's your fault, fucking hell !!!

Had two nights in Amsterdam due to flight cancellation

Good chance to visit some cafes, piss up at old sailor bar, eat pickled herring, some muffins and eel in a bun.

Had a chat with a plastic scouser, who told me City only win because of the money and with slot it’s there year. He was from Stafford, didn’t know the new managers name so I doubt he’s really a fan

Last edited:
Booked for October,UBUD very busy with traffic apparently but handy for Rice Fields,Mount Batur. What beach resort are you staying at ? We havent booked accomadation yet but looking at Seminyak or Sanur
Booked bali now for November starting off in ubud then going to ulawatu near bingin beach

Mrs H and myself off to the Far East in Jan/Feb, probably our last long haul trip, appreciate any tips.

Singapore - 3 nights
Cruise:
Ko Samui - 1 day
Bangkok- 2 days
Hi Chi Min City - 1 day
Na Trang - 1 day
Hong Kong - 1 day
Taiwan - transit only, cruise docks there
Kuala Lumpur - 3 days

Never been to that part of the world and was going to do a self planned tour but there's pitfall's for a couple of mid 60's travellers so we've gone for the easy option.

Any must see sights, recommended restaurants, travel tips, etc.

As an aside I only miss home games depending on the draw for the last CL round and the 4th round of the FA Cup. I'm assuming the Arsenal away game will be moved to the Sunday (all CL games following are played Wednesday at 8pm), if it is I'll be in a Bangkok bar cheering the lads on.
Thats an interesting trip
Singapore can be expensive round Clark Quay,little india and the chinese restaurants area werent too bad.
Marina Bay Sands is worth a trip to the top and theres loads of shopping if thats your thing.
Bangkok is amazing with so much going and numerous temples.
Saigon has a good market with plenty of dodgy stuff and the war museum is definetely worth a visit also has an interesting post office as a tourist attraction.
Nha trang is great as a beach resort not sure theres much to see.
we caught the train from Saigon to Nha trang which was an experience.
Love Hong Kong but that was only after a few visits and finding where things are,Victoria Peak ,Big Buddha,Happy Valley races ,all the markets and obviously Wan Chai for nightlife .Underground cheap and very east to get around.
Have to go on the star ferry, cheap as chips and iconic views on the way to the island .
K.L rained a lot when we where there. Petronas towers , another famous market I think.
Off to Koh Samui in Sept so I will see whats there
You will have an amazing time.

Last edited:
Anybody recommend a hotel with aqua park, or aqua park very close by?....needs to be cheap as! Prefer AI as better for kids, they only eat crap anyway!! Looked at one in Majorca last week, but can't remember the name of hotel.
Would literally be for kids, somewhere to eat/sleep...no luxuries required!
I've managed going on holiday in Scouse half term week, when it was different to Hampshires (I didn't know) so can put up with anything that's not a war zone ;)
We have just come back from Minura Sur Menorca. Water park is included and is straight across the car park from the hotel. Very much geared towards a family holiday. Would highly recommend.

Thats an interesting trip
Singapore can be expensive round Clark Quay,little india and the chinese restaurants area werent too bad.
Marina Bay Sands is worth a trip to the top and theres loads of shopping if thats your thing.
Bangkok is amazing with so much going and numerous temples.
Saigon has a good market with plenty of dodgy stuff and the war museum is definetely worth a visit also has an interesting post office as a tourist attraction.
Nha trang is great as a beach resort not sure theres much to see.
we caught the train from Saigon to Nha trang which was an experience.
Love Hong Kong but that was only after a few visits and finding where things are,Victoria Peak ,Big Buddha,Happy Valley races ,all the markets and obviously Wan Chai for nightlife .Underground cheap and very east to get around.
Have to go on the star ferry, cheap as chips and iconic views on the way to the island .
K.L rained a lot when we where there. Petronas towers , another famous market I think.
Off to Koh Samui in Sept so I will see whats there
You will have an amazing time.
Cheers, going to keep this post in my photos along with a couple of others, didn't expect to get so much advice, really appreciated.

We're staying near Chinatown in Singapore but I've booked a hotel that's inclusive of all day snacks in addition to breakfast and from 6-8pm there free drinks so we'll probably go in there and have a few cocktails on the house.

Thanks for posting.

Reactions: cpa
Had a great day in Berwick Upon Tweed on Friday at a small but very good Lowry exhibition.
Saturday another great day at the Durham Minefs Gala day.Well worth a visit.
Yesterday, and today, in Anstruther.
A relaxing couple of days doing nothing but drinking and eating from the numerous chip shops,cafes and ice cram shops.
The only football top so far is a young lad with the new City top and Foden 47 on the back.
Sorry no photos.File too large for this site.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.