Holidays

Not sure if this has been previously mentioned, and if so apologies in advance. Travel within the European community should theoretically be a lot easier from November 10th of this year when the EES(entry exit system) commences.

Instead of having to stamp all our Brexiter passports and check for overstays etc. etc. all that will now be needed is a quick scan of your four fingers and verification of your features, and off you pop on your merry way.

I read somewhere that at the beginning of roll out and at busier airports, they may struggle to process travelers quickly enough, due to prints having to be stored to system, so they propose in such instances, an approach of scanning around 20% of 1st arrivals.

The system has stalled a lot over the last few years, but the Europeans have assured non EU members that it's now all up and running and good to go. All countries within the Schengen will be participating, save for a few including Cyprus and Ireland. Also led to believe that Malta is experiencing a few hiccups in struggling to meet deadlines, but will have to comply if they wish to stay in the grouping.

I think its a good idea if it reduces waiting time at passport control, but I also guess there will be some folk wary of submitting their biometrics for whatever reason. Maybe data control issues or with whom the EU can or can't exchange visitors data with. The EES has nothing to do with the etias travel authorization due to launch in 2025.

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been previously mentioned, and if so apologies in advance. Travel within the European community should theoretically be a lot easier from November 10th of this year when the EES(entry exit system) commences.

Instead of having to stamp all our Brexiter passports and check for overstays etc. etc. all that will now be needed is a quick scan of your four fingers and verification of your features, and off you pop on your merry way.

I read somewhere that in the beginning of role out and at busy airports, they may well struggle to process travelers quickly enough, as you have to first have your prints entered into the system, so they are proposing in such an instance, they will initially operate an approach of scanning around 20% of 1st arrivals.

The system has stalled a lot over the last few years but the Europeans have assured non EU members that it's now all up and running and good to go. All countries within the Schengen areas will be participating save for a few including Cyprus and Ireland. Also led to believe that Malta is experiencing a few hiccups in struggling to meet their deadlines but will have to comply if they wish to stay in the grouping.

I think its a good idea if it reduces our waiting time at passport control, but I also guess there will be some folk wary of submitting their biometrics for whatever reason. Maybe data control issues or who the EU can and cant exchange visitors data with. The EES has nothing to do with the etias travel authorization due to launch in 2025.

I hope you are right but all I can see is additional queues at airports.

I hope you are right but all I can see is additional queues at airports.
I could never get the facial recognition system to work for me and aways had to see a member of border control for entry back to the UK. Maybe it's the effect of aging over a ten year tenure.

However our fingerprints remain the same, so should be fool proof enough to make those pesky E-gates open.

Hardly fair on folks from Burnley is it Bob?
They don't travel. They're local people

naRHN44.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.