Holidays

My sister is just leaving the maldives after 11 nights in paradise (her words) the pics & videos she’s sent me look breathtaking, but £10k for her & her partner although 5 star all inc is also breathtaking

Considering a summer holiday in school time can cost over £1,000pp just for somewhere fairly basic for a week, to go that far and for that luxury it's probably "reasonable" these days!!! Having said that, my Mrs is desperate to go to the Maldives but I'm not spending that money!

We regularly go to Venice and other northern Italian cities by train, though not on the route you have planned. Also frequently visit Prague via Switzerland on the train.

I find it a much nicer experience than flying, though it does generally cost more and takes a lot longer.
What's the cheapest train to Venice from Manchester/London ? Thanks

What's the cheapest train to Venice from Manchester/London ? Thanks
You can see different routes here - https://www.seat61.com/Italy.htm#london-to-milan-venice-florence-rome-naples - it's the best website for train travel around Europe and internationally IMHO.

I used to go for the Thello overnight sleeper from Paris to Turin and then onwards to Venice, which unfortunately seems to have now been cancelled. There are still other overnight sleeper trains via Stuttgart but a bit more expensive (though probably more comfortable and more reliable than Thello was and direct to Venice).

Last 12 years in Lanzarote never experienced such beautiful warm weather early March . 80 temp at 10 am reaching 87 / 88 temp 3 pm afternoon every day the last week , sensational:)
Love a bit of Lanza. Trying a week in Tenerife for the international break for a change. Flying back Friday in time for the dippers game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.