Holidays

Unfortunately, yes. Not a couple of days I ever want to repeat. Having to pick my girls up from Bordeaux Airport (driving 115 miles each way on auto pilot) then sorting out the formalities/legalities with the undertaker/deputy mayor/insurance company before we were allowed to go home, followed by a nice 835 mile trip back.
I look back and think "how did I manage it?", but the answer can only be "I coped with the situation - nothing more".
Terrible that mate, my sympathies.

I leave the booking to the wife and she’s been looking for next year already, prices are bloody ridiculous now, a simple all inclusive for 2 adults and a kid for a week at a semi decent hotel you’ll not get change from £3/3.5k! Soon it’s going to become unaffordable to just get away for a week, even city breaks are costing a fortune.
We always dreamed of going back to Disney and that has become the playground of the rich now, even their own CEO says it’s priced normal families out of it.

I've no idea where you'd want to go/when/age of child, and prices are definitely on the rise and will be for the considerable future, but you can still get away for a little over £2k-£2.5k next summer.

The 'free' child places with ops like TUI/Jet2 will always help (though sometimes I'm dubious about how ''free'' they actually are)

1678806634824.png
1678806661376.png

1678806723036.png
1678806745259.png

I went to Puerto Rico in Gran Canaria last summer, it's one of the cheapest resorts I've ever been to.
Lots of self cater places to stay, wouldn't need to do AI there.

1678806895082.png

Some with Jet2....

As above, no idea when you can go and if you don't have flexibility then that is always gonna work against you, but stuff like the 4* Rhodes one below for a little over £2k for a week all inclusive with Manchester flights, luggage, transfers, good TA reviews etc

Can definitely be done for well under £3k.

1678807162804.png
1678807188722.png
1678807220943.png
1678807249014.png
1678807302840.png

Managed to pick this up earlier today, for travel in September 2024.
There was only 2 rooms so my mate also jumped on at the same price.

Not even £9 a night constitutes a bit of a bargain.
Probs gonna tie it in with a couple of nights beforehand in Cappadocia when the flights go on sale, that's somewhere I've been wanting to visit for a while.

Izmir.JPG

I've no idea where you'd want to go/when/age of child, and prices are definitely on the rise and will be for the considerable future, but you can still get away for a little over £2k-£2.5k next summer.

The 'free' child places with ops like TUI/Jet2 will always help (though sometimes I'm dubious about how ''free'' they actually are)

View attachment 72074
View attachment 72075

View attachment 72077
View attachment 72078

I went to Puerto Rico in Gran Canaria last summer, it's one of the cheapest resorts I've ever been to.
Lots of self cater places to stay, wouldn't need to do AI there.

View attachment 72079
We got 12 nights SC in Puerto Rico late August £1500 for 3 including the Ryanair extra luggage and seats rip off

looking to get away with the family in June or July.
iv been looking at Lara beach in Turkey but the surrounding area doesn't look like it has much entertainment in the evening....more shops of fake goods.

Has anyone been that can shed light on this?.

also for the price of 5 is approx 5k for a week, had a look at Thailand and can go for the same price. Holidays are so expensive at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.