Holidays

Inside cabin...a sneak preview of death. Spent one night in an inside cabin, utterly disorientating.
Good point .Someone I know did a cruise from Southampton to the caribbean in January, he said 10 people died , 7 were taken to hospital & didn’t come back aboard , a stabbing & 2 women arrested for thieving .

Good point .Someone I know did a cruise from Southampton to the caribbean in January, he said 10 people died , 7 were taken to hospital & didn’t come back aboard , a stabbing & 2 women arrested for thieving .
Who was the captain? Long John Silver?:-)

Going to visit Waterloo on the way back and stay again in Ypres, a delightful city.

France and Belgium are great places to visit and I'd happily move to France.
Me and my wife had the same thoughts, so much so that we had decided to sell up and move permanently to France when we got home from our vacance.
Sods Law then struck the day before we were due home from a fortnight in the Dordogne.
My wife collapsed and died in my arms!
I've been back 2 or 3 times since then (nearly 13years now) and would still love to do so, but I am now a grandad, and currently waiting for a prosthetic limb, before I can even think about the future.

C'est la vie.

I leave the booking to the wife and she’s been looking for next year already, prices are bloody ridiculous now, a simple all inclusive for 2 adults and a kid for a week at a semi decent hotel you’ll not get change from £3/3.5k! Soon it’s going to become unaffordable to just get away for a week, even city breaks are costing a fortune.
We always dreamed of going back to Disney and that has become the playground of the rich now, even their own CEO says it’s priced normal families out of it.

Me and my wife had the same thoughts, so much so that we had decided to sell up and move permanently to France when we got home from our vacance.
Sods Law then struck the day before we were due home from a fortnight in the Dordogne.
My wife collapsed and died in my arms!
I've been back 2 or 3 times since then (nearly 13years now) and would still love to do so, but I am now a grandad, and currently waiting for a prosthetic limb, before I can even think about the future.

C'est la vie.
Is this true ?

Is this true ?
Unfortunately, yes. Not a couple of days I ever want to repeat. Having to pick my girls up from Bordeaux Airport (driving 115 miles each way on auto pilot) then sorting out the formalities/legalities with the undertaker/deputy mayor/insurance company before we were allowed to go home, followed by a nice 835 mile trip back.
I look back and think "how did I manage it?", but the answer can only be "I coped with the situation - nothing more".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.