Holidays

We're hopefully going up to Scotland, near Tignabruich, lovely little cottage with no power and no phone reception. We've been going there for years. It will be open fires, candles, hearty walks and meals, bit of painting, bit of exploring.. Dogs love it, and we get to drink whisky all week.

France again for us. The Somme, beautiful, peaceful, poignant and totally untouristy. Exploring the battlefields and taking walks along extraordinarily historic routes that once hosted utter carnage, today returned to agriculture. Its usually very warm too, so nights on the B&B decking area drinking wine.

Going to visit Waterloo on the way back and stay again in Ypres, a delightful city.

France and Belgium are great places to visit and I'd happily move to France.

Not much there really. Few nice bars, restaurants, a lovely river and a big Morrisons. Not a bad place by any means but nothing to really recommend about it. Nicer places in the area for sure.
It's the base! And the bikes can take us off to locations! It'll be a bed and a breakfast at Boroughbridge. Fine dining in Ripon?

It's the base! And the bikes can take us off to locations! It'll be a bed and a breakfast at Boroughbridge. Fine dining in Ripon?
Ripon is a nicer place and some really good restaurants around there. Grantley Hall was voted best hotel in the UK and has nice restaurants, including a Michelin starred one. Plenty in the city too.

We're sailing to New York from Southampton in June on the Queen Mary 2.
It was my gift to my partner for her 40th.
I takes 7 days to voyage across the Atlantic and then we'll spend 5 days in NYC. We'll be there for the Independence Day celebrations and have bought tickets to a baseball game.

We're looking to spend Christmas in Antwerp. We like Belgium.

Considering a repositioning cruise in November, Spain to Jamacia with flights and AI inc drinks onboard for around £1.7k each (16 days) but, that's with an inside cabin which is putting me off a bit.

I've done a couple of Med type ones one inside and one balcony, that latter was so much better and don't know if we'd be happy with no personal outside space for all the days at sea.

Considering a repositioning cruise in November, Spain to Jamacia with flights and AI inc drinks onboard for around £1.7k each (16 days) but, that's with an inside cabin which is putting me off a bit.

I've done a couple of Med type ones one inside and one balcony, that latter was so much better and don't know if we'd be happy with no personal outside space for all the days at sea.

Inside cabin...a sneak preview of death. Spent one night in an inside cabin, utterly disorientating.

We're sailing to New York from Southampton in June on the Queen Mary 2.
It was my gift to my partner for her 40th.
I takes 7 days to voyage across the Atlantic and then we'll spend 5 days in NYC. We'll be there for the Independence Day celebrations and have bought tickets to a baseball game.

We're looking to spend Christmas in Antwerp. We like Belgium.
Amazing, I'm sure it will be incredible #Jealous :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.