Holidays

Any suggestions for me and the missus, two girls 1x24 1x20,(girls never been abroad before).
I love Greece.
Girls want a resort that's a bit lively but not overly.
I don't want it over bearing.
I'd do a villa but think they'd be bored.
Mind you the lazy fuckers won't get up now so what the heat will do to them God knows

Help!!
Rhodes has some clubs & nightlife mixed in with 'normal' stuff and quite well priced and tidy for Greece.

Any suggestions for me and the missus, two girls 1x24 1x20,(girls never been abroad before).
I love Greece.
Mind you the lazy fuckers won't get up now so what the heat will do to them God knows

Help!!
crete agios Nikolias a bit of something for everybody or tell to leave you in peace and book them a flight to ibiza

Booked for October,UBUD very busy with traffic apparently but handy for Rice Fields,Mount Batur. What beach resort are you staying at ? We havent booked accomadation yet but looking at Seminyak or Sanur
Was going to stay in ubud but now you,ve got me looking at the beach places.they both look brilliant and near the airport too.Would be interested to see what you book mate

Was going to stay in ubud but now you,ve got me looking at the beach places.they both look brilliant and near the airport too.Would be interested to see what you book mate
Nusa Dua and Jimbaran bay are both nice places. Kuta is the Australian version of Blackpool/Newquay. I travelled all over Bali/Lombok and other smaller islands in Indonesia years ago . The one thing I would go back for is the seafood on the beach at Jimbaran Bay . It was top draw

If you've got 2 weeks in Bali, would definitely split it with time at the beach and time in Ubud.
I found Ubud to be fascinating, and much more chill and laid back than some of the beach resorts.
If you can get a hotel within walking distance of central Ubud this will save you plenty of time and money on cabs etc
Download 'Grab' (their version of Uber), and you can hire a driver for the day for about 30/40 quid to take you around all the main sights around Ubud....rice fields, temples, waterfalls etc

For beaches....
Seminyak is very busy.
Nusa Dua man made and a bit soulless.
Kuta a bit dodgy.

Maybe check out Sanur for your beach stay, not quite as developed but still plenty going on and loads of hotel options.
Easy boat trips out to other islands from Sanur area too.
Jimbaran is also ok but fairly quiet in my experience.

I love Greece.

Help!!

Kalamaki in Zante might work for you.
Nice sandy beach, plenty of bars and restaurants but not super lively (that scene is Laganas in the next resort along)
Quick transfer from the airport too.
Lots of boat trips available (famous for turtles), trips to Zante Town etc if you want to get out and about.

I love Greece.

Help!!
Been to numerous places on the Greek islands, and possible that Stalida/Stalis could fit your bill. A pretty place oozing sense and sensibility, with snippets of Ye Olde Greek charm.

Also an abundance of good restauraunts/bars with a few English affairs, such as the Red Lion and Robin Hood offering karaoke, live music, quizzes, atmos and great pub grub. Beach is very pretty and suitable for all age groups without the hustle bussle and intense vibes of Malia. If you do want an occational night out in Malia without the girls, then in Malia central there are some top clubs doing the rounds.

Excellent prices abound with good Greek taverna meals starting at 10-12 euros and an ice cold pint of the local starting at 1.50 euros and upwards. A nice pint to be had in the day time by the old church with great service and camaraderie.

I had my first ever Mousaka their as ever man and his dog was raving about it. To be fair it was nice, but it tasted just like shep-pie with a brace of aubergine bunged in for good measure. They'll be nicking our egg and chips next!

gi9UCxd.jpg

Edit: I may have mentioned Stalida on the holiday thread a few years back. Not too sure?

Last edited:
Currently enjoying Sicily! For the second year running.

We did it last year but did loads of trips so didn’t really get to enjoy our hotel. So we are back.

I could never get bored of the view of Etna from our room.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.