Holly Willoughby - stalker gets life (minimun 15 years) P31

That guy has gone on trial, charged with soliciting murder, incitement to kidnap and incitement to rape.

f2148b5769f71604226f9d71fe4509aa.jpg
She’d have fucking killed him if he tried!

“Is it in?? Put it in for fuck’s sake, if we are going to do this, I’ve got shit to do!”

Now, he has plenty of time to contemplate his folly. Idjit!

That guy has gone on trial, charged with soliciting murder, incitement to kidnap and incitement to rape.

f2148b5769f71604226f9d71fe4509aa.jpg
Personally, and this will be an unpopular opinion and one Im braced to take pelters for, that man was neither capable nor able of doing any of those things, and while online stings are worthwhile and serve a valued purpose, this whole enterprise was incredibly unlikely to come to fruition or anywhere remotely near. And that isnt to take away from the effect this had on the victim of this be it a telly star or anyone else. Is prison going to do anything for this very sad twat of a bloke or help keep anyone else safe from him? I seriously doubt that, again, with all respect to those impacted by it. Robustly managed, in commumity and police/probation managed conditions and some form of punitive education for this obviously odd bloke would be better. Just my opinion

Having watched the sentencing I think it was the attempted recruitment of an accomplice that did for him.

I understand the fact that minors are often not treated as adults, but “if you’re old enough to do the crime, you’re old enough to do the time.”

Teenager will be out before he’s 30…as a convicted murderer!!!

Murder is a premeditated act, for which you have to have shown an understanding for the consequences of the action being death.

If you can hold that in your brain over time, then you have the ability to understand murder is a “LIFE MEANS LIFE” crime, so make yourself comfortable.
It has to be a particularly heinous crime to be given a whole life tariff here. As Uncle Wally suggested though, there’s no real rehabilitation at the moment, so once inside the penal system, a lot tend to reoffend.

Punishment vs rehabilitation needs to be a conversation we have as a nation at some point.

Remember Anders Breitvik killed 75 people in Norway? He got their maximum sentence of 21 years.

A life sentence means that it’s always on your record and your on licence for the rest of your life should the parole board approve your release.

There is no perfect system. Some will want harsher punishments and some will want better rehabilitation.

Personally, and this will be an unpopular opinion and one Im braced to take pelters for, that man was neither capable nor able of doing any of those things, and while online stings are worthwhile and serve a valued purpose, this whole enterprise was incredibly unlikely to come to fruition or anywhere remotely near. And that isnt to take away from the effect this had on the victim of this be it a telly star or anyone else. Is prison going to do anything for this very sad twat of a bloke or help keep anyone else safe from him? I seriously doubt that, again, with all respect to those impacted by it. Robustly managed, in commumity and police/probation managed conditions and some form of punitive education for this obviously odd bloke would be better. Just my opinion
He previously attempted to abduct one woman from a train using a replica gun.

Then carried out an attempted kidnap of two teenage girls at knifepoint.

I’d say prison will absolutely keep people safe from him.

It has to be a particularly heinous crime to be given a whole life tariff here. As Uncle Wally suggested though, there’s no real rehabilitation at the moment, so once inside the penal system, a lot tend to reoffend.

Punishment vs rehabilitation needs to be a conversation we have as a nation at some point.

Remember Anders Breitvik killed 75 people in Norway? He got their maximum sentence of 21 years.

A life sentence means that it’s always on your record and your on licence for the rest of your life should the parole board approve your release.

There is no perfect system. Some will want harsher punishments and some will want better rehabilitation.
I’m all in favor of rehabilitation, but we have to have a few “no-go” thresholds, and murder is one. Not manslaughter, but premeditated, cold blooded, murder. No way back.

Personally, a 3 tiered system seems appropriate to me:

1) Long, hard time (including life) for violent offenders in strict, no frills, prisons.

2) Rehabilitation facilities for non-violent offenders, where work and life skills are promoted as a way to EARN a reduced sentence, rather than an automatic reduction for time served without getting in trouble, and provide a positive impetus for such rehabilitation.

3) Psychiatric hospital prisons, where treatment is primary, so that you can be transferred to a rehabilitation facility before EARNING any release.

As I have said in the past, I’m a staunch advocate of strong law and order, to include harsh punishment for violent offenders.

I’m all in favor of rehabilitation, but we have to have a few “no-go” thresholds, and murder is one. Not manslaughter, but premeditated, cold blooded, murder. No way back.

Personally, a 3 tiered system seems appropriate to me:

1) Long, hard time (including life) for violent offenders in strict, no frills, prisons.

2) Rehabilitation facilities for non-violent offenders, where work and life skills are promoted as a way to EARN a reduced sentence, rather than an automatic reduction for time served without getting in trouble, and provide a positive impetus for such rehabilitation.

3) Psychiatric hospital prisons, where treatment is primary, so that you can be transferred to a rehabilitation facility before EARNING any release.

As I have said in the past, I’m a staunch advocate of strong law and order, to include harsh punishment for violent offenders.
I wouldn’t disagree with a lot of that. There will be some grey areas for me though. Which one of the 3 groups does manslaughter go in?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.