Home hi fi.

I'm not bothered about tv. Just music via my phone.
I just have a nice pair of Edifier bookshelf bluetooth speakers, and my phone. I use Spotify but if its music dear to me I download it in FLAC. (uncompressed) and keep it on my phone hard drive. I live in a hotel so I cant have big bass subwoofers etc.
Other than that I have Bose QT35 headphones.

I just have a nice pair of Edifier bookshelf bluetooth speakers, and my phone. I use Spotify but if its music dear to me I download it in FLAC. (uncompressed) and keep it on my phone hard drive. I live in a hotel so I cant have big bass subwoofers etc.
Other than that I have Bose QT35 headphones.

Attachments

• images.jpeg-5.jpg
    images.jpeg-5.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 33
I listen to a lot of music, mostly at work through buds, and in the car.
But since getting rid of my separates years ago, all my home listening is done through my Bose speaker.
I don't buy music anymore (not in the traditional sense) so I don't need a CD player, a tuner or a turntable.
What do you recommend for a home system? I just want to be able to play my spotty stuff through a half decent set up.
Cheers
Do you not think the Bose is a good kit? I've got the Home500 and Soundtouch 30 and think they are really good! Well I don't need much more than that!

I’ve a fairly decent turntable set up but for streaming I have 3 Sonos 1’s in the house which connect to each other or can be played individually. Can’t really think of a negative other the 1’s. Reasonably priced and the sound from them will fill my place pretty well.

I’d second the Naim Muso.
I have one.
But don’t go overboard.
The single factor holding back quality listening will be Spotify.

I listen to a lot of music, mostly at work through buds, and in the car.
But since getting rid of my separates years ago, all my home listening is done through my Bose speaker.
I don't buy music anymore (not in the traditional sense) so I don't need a CD player, a tuner or a turntable.
What do you recommend for a home system? I just want to be able to play my spotty stuff through a half decent set up.
Cheers
We've used Sonos for years... I know there are better sounding systems but it works for us

Play 1 for the kitchen diner space and soundbar with two rear play 1's as a surrounds for the lounge.. works seamlessly with the TV or for radio / spotify if needed

I used to have a play 1 in my home office too but sold it when I retired.. I was going to get a Sonos Roam speaker but never got round to it..

I've been meaning to add a sub but SWMBO flatly refuses to approve the capex as the "house is too small" ;-)

Do you not think the Bose is a good kit? I've got the Home500 and Soundtouch 30 and think they are really good! Well I don't need much more than that!
Mines an old one mate, it's not even Bluetooth. Has a wire out the front.
It's no where near loud enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.