Home to Swansea - Signal of Intent

Carstairs

OP of the least successful pre-match thread in his
What say on the first day of the season Bobby decides to go all guns blazing, try to thump the new boys and secure a healthy goal difference from day 1.

None of the other teams in the league has such an "easy" fixture (I may come to regret that remark!).

How about setting up with a mega attacking line up and just go for it.

Should put the cat amongst the pigeons

I like your spirit mate yeah i would also, but it is Mancini we are talking about. Maybe if we get a couple of early goals then he will let them of the leash.

Certainly wouldnt put it as an easy fixture.

Swansea play very fast flowing and attractive football, which we need to be aware of and close down quickly. Remember they will be buzzing with enthusiasm and motivation in the first game in the "Big League"

personally i would have taken one of the top 6 from last season, that way the mind is focussed and not expected (like yourself) a walkover

Newly-promoted sides are always "up for it" in early fixtures, remember the rags at Burnley a couple of seasons ago? Not necessarily an ideal start IMO, home to Wigan or Wolves would have been better.

Easy, easy, easy.

Hang on. Skin of the teeth Swansea v Third on goal diff City. Yeah. Better start thinking with the typical City cap on instead.

Damn tough one this. We'll be lucky to scrape a loss.

Great attitude.

Carstairs said:
Surely we sould be looking at newly promoted teams, and considering the talent at our disposal, plus any new signings, and thinking we should stuff this lot!

It's called a winning mentality.

Don't you mean complacency!

A winning mentality involves respecting all your opponents and focusing 100% on beating them, NOT believing you can stuff them because they're shit!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.