Homophobia

MCFC BOB said:
squirtyflower said:
MCFC BOB said:
Nice try.
So you haven't an answer to the bolder bit
The bit where you suggest that baby boomers are responsible for homophobia?
That's not what I said. You will also see, if you go back a page or two, that I also gave an example of casual homophobia that featured two young boys. Again, a decent attempt to try and land me in hot water with a few posters on here.

@burning blue soul - They'd probably begin to rip on me at first but I wouldn't get involved. I don't see why men can't discuss how attractive other men are without being ridiculed for it. I happen think Sergio Aguero is the perfect human being and I'm not ashamed to admit that. I'm not gay, and I don't have sexual feelings to Sergio, I just think that his physical features are that of the perfect man.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVneqqeyO2M[/youtube]

peoffrey said:
Bilboblue said:
I find it unnatural, and it does physically disgust me, but I'm not of the persuasion to go shouting it from the rooftops, people are free to be however they want to be.

I certainly don't hold it against those that are gay, I just don't understand it.

I guess my way of thinking is that life is all about pro-creation, and that doesn't fit into it.

But, as I said, each to their own, what will be, will be, and good luck to them.

Research shows that none of us are 100% gay or straight or whatever. We're all somewhere on that sliding scale and discover our own identity and preferences over time.

One of my closer friends is gay and I spent time socially with him, his boyfriend and other friends too. The couple were both in to good music, football etc so they didn't conform to the stereotype many would have you believe. There was nothing to suggest the relationship between the two guys was unnatural or there was anything to doubt either. They were a couple in love and that was good enough for everyone else. I was just happy for them.

Anyone with deep homophobic views are afraid of their own sexuality. There can't be anything else in there as it's irrational.

I don't agree with that last sentence Peoffrey, for some it is so distasteful that it reviles them, that's up to them, doesn't mean they are afraid of their own sexuality.

I have a couple of (separate) friends that are gay, nice people too, we don't cross each others pass much but they are decent company.

I think what a lot of people hate is the way it is thrust into everyone's faces by some of them, as though we should all be forced to see how they live. See the last line of my original post to see how I feel.<br /><br />-- Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:28 pm --<br /><br />
TheMightyQuinn said:
Bilboblue said:
I guess my way of thinking is that life is all about pro-creation, and that doesn't fit into it.

Sex with a girl on the pill.

Protected vaginal intercourse.

Oral sex.

Anal sex.

Hand jobs.

Tit jobs.

Just rubbing it against a girl on the bus as you walk past her.

None of them geared towards procreation. All of them pretty good.

A male-female relationship is capable of procreation. A gay one isn't.

Just my view, I can accept others think differently (and that is fine) unlike some.

squirtyflower said:
MCFC BOB said:
.......there's still a seemingly non-lethal problem with attitudes towards homosexuality that I feel will go on until the 60's baby-boom generation has passed on.
Did you or did you not post this?
He did, he also placed an incorrect apostrophe betwixt 60 and s. The baby boomers may well be responsible for homophobia but the Facebook generation are responsible, without question or shadow of doubt, for the destruction of the English language.

squirtyflower said:
MCFC BOB said:
.......there's still a seemingly non-lethal problem with attitudes towards homosexuality that I feel will go on until the 60's baby-boom generation has passed on.

To be fair, that doesn't say the 60s baby-boom generation is responsible, just that attitudes towards homosexuality could take decades to become mild to the point of indifference.

squirtyflower said:
MCFC BOB said:
That's right. But it was more to do with the amount of time that will pass (30 years) rather than the people who are responsible for homophobia in this country. Although, now you mention it, I would argue that homophobia can be passed down through a family by the way of traditional values that a family maintains, and because baby-boom parents are of the age where homosexuality was considered a foreign and unusual concept (as well as traditional ideas of what love and marriage are), the confusion from these people could have been turned into homophobia and passed down to 60's children. However, I'm not suggesting that 60's children are solely responsible for homophobia in this country.

But again, nice try.

@TMQ - You are unfortunately right there. I gave up on season 4 after a handful of episodes. Too much of the wrong kind of fan-service and it spoiled my enjoyment of it.

Skashion said:
squirtyflower said:
MCFC BOB said:
He did, he also placed an incorrect apostrophe betwixt 60 and s. The baby boomers may well be responsible for homophobia but the Facebook generation are responsible, without question or shadow of doubt, for the destruction of the English language.
I wouldn't know
But from my recollection the baby-boomers are from the end of the Second World War to the late 50's (sic), and I'm also sure some of them could have possibly been gay

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.