Honest answers please

We went to the home cup ties this season, from the 4th round onwards, as well as about half of the Europa games (due to working away), also been to 4 away games.

I've had the season card since we moved into the new stadium, and have had a similar attendance record since then most cup games, and 3-4 away games - although in previous years I have gone to the vast majority of Europa games.

That gives me 4150 points, and alowed me to get a ticket on the Monday.

In talking to the people around in the Q on Monday, some had had tickets at maine road, and didn't go away much, most were like me and been fairly active since getting the tickets in the new ground.

As a seasonticket holder you get 190pts, you get 20 points for an away game, max 380 in the league, so if you went to all away games you would overhaul a season ticket holder who only went to home league games by two seasons worth of points.... So it can be done just takes a bit of time effort and money.

Didn't go to many cup games cant do thursday nights as i have my little lad and cant take him as hes only 4 and has nursery friday morning. Did go to a couple of fa. Have built my points u over the years its just been a bad year financially and as stated cant di thursdays fortunately had enough points for the final

schfc6 said:
Impeccable said:
There were some poor attendances for the home cup games this season... yet most of those who couldn't be bothered in early rounds still have a final ticket.

How many of you didn't attend cup games, knowing that if we reached a final you would have enough loyalty points, regardless?

And if the club had announced that cup final tickets would firstly be tagged to people who actually attended cup games, would this have made you attend, knowing your points alone wouldn't have been sufficient.

I incidentally, missed out on ticket, despite attending EVERY home match in EVERY competition this season. And I find that a tad unfair.

I'll be honest, I haven't been to a single cup game this season, semi final asides.
However where I have gained my LOYALTY points is through years of loyalty through the awful seasons, going home and away to places like Mansfield, Notts County and the likes, I have been away to Stoke games at the Britannia and the Victoria seen us be relegated and seen Alan Ball jeered by both sets of fans, would you suggest that you deserve a ticket more than me?

Well done to you for going to all the cup games this season. Try going to endless cup, home, away and European away trips including pre season friendlies for 15 years and then you'll have the points.

Yes I do have a ticket, and I've sold it a friend of mine as I'm away and he's desperate to go. I was offered nearly £500 for it, but I sold it at face value to my mate.
You seem to be a little self righteous with you plight. Loyalty points are just that, points for years of loyalty, not just a couple of seasons and cup games.

I have over 4000 points if tickets sell out at 4100 you won't hear my complaining as the tickets will have gone to those more deserving than me.....

A couple of seasons and cup games!!!!!!

I have been going since 197-fuckin-3. Don't comment when you know nothing about me. I have had a season ticket for more than 20 years, with a 2 season break (a few years ago). Just try and grasp where I'm coming from.

Those who know me on here - and there are one or two - know about my loyalty to my club. I have a view - that is all - as you do. Try and respect that.

This system is so weird to us Yanks. For American sports we have to some sort of season ticket plan to get postseason tickets (hard to get tickets), most people I know just use a third party seller like StubHub and pay a premium.

A friend of mine gets four full season tickets for the Phillies every year (approx $15,000 investmen) and then sells all but 10 of the 81 games. He ends up with the four seats for the playoffs (which he can get up to $2,000 a pop for if they make the World Series). Then they give him first option to buy extra seats throughout the ballpark. He sells all of them on StubHub for at least 3x what he paid for them. The last few years he's made money and had the best seats in the house for big playoff games.

I really like the loyalty idea but US teams would never go for it because it would limit their ability to make money teams usually get a piece of the action from third party sellers.

Prodigal Son said:
Ack, they do my head in a bit these threads.

Obv the OP and many thousands more are disappointed and a lot of people feel they were deserving of a ticket but it's just not feasible given the allocations.

You can't say a season ticket holder who has been for years who may have missed the Leicester/Reading game cos his missus had a baby the day before shouldn't then qualify for the Final.

People always have reasons that are legit to them for missing games, even if it's just "can't afford it, can't afford the time away from the family, or just don't want to go."

If they have built up enough LP to give them a cushion of that then good for them. They have done the hard graft.

There's no perfect criteria, sorry you missed out on a ticket. But I doubt you went to all those games because you thought it would get you a Final ticket. You went cos you're a fan and wanted to, and let's face it, lucky enough to be able to do so.

Your time will come my friend.

I am not saying this. Of course he deserves to get a ticket. Someone else brought up a very good idea:

Season Ticket Holder + 100% cup games attended (inc Europa) = Guaranteed Final Ticket
Season Ticket Holder + 80% = Next in line
Season Ticket Holder + 60% = Next in line
And so on.

This would also encourage better attendances at cup/Euro games<br /><br />-- Fri May 06, 2011 11:17 am --<br /><br />
Ticket For Schalke said:
did everyone at home bar villa.

stop going on about i've been them all but didnt get a ticket,

surely this final is repayment to all the fans that have been the cup games down the years and have been knocked out 3rd, 4th and 5th rounds, loyalty is not just about one season.

You haven't been reading what I've been saying, have you? Deary me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.