Honestly, when did we last play really well?

oakiecokie said:
ManCitizens. said:
oakiecokie said:
Sorry if I sound a bit sceptical,but as a genuine Blue which you claim you are,you had to look back at at the highlights of a game only played some 6 weeks ago,to help enhance your brain remembering the said Spurs game.
It is a match that I would suggest is still very much in every Blues mind,due to not only the final score,but the manner in which we played for near on 90 minutes.
And you wonder why I am a little sceptical of your posts !

In all fairness our February was shocking.

I don`t recollect ever saying something different.However I stand by my response to this guy ref "had to watch the highlights" etc.Do me a favour,what kind of genuine supporter has to do that ? Allegedly !!!!!

The first 30 minutes at Spurs was brilliant but we've been poor since then imo. I probably shouldn't have quoted your post but it was only because I agree with him in regards to us being relatively poor for a number of weeks.

ManCitizens. said:
oakiecokie said:
ManCitizens. said:
In all fairness our February was shocking.

I don`t recollect ever saying something different.However I stand by my response to this guy ref "had to watch the highlights" etc.Do me a favour,what kind of genuine supporter has to do that ? Allegedly !!!!!

The first 30 minutes at Spurs was brilliant but we've been poor since then imo. I probably shouldn't have quoted your post but it was only because I agree with him in regards to us being relatively poor for a number of weeks.

Yes to some extent,but maybe thats due to our success on all four front competitions,up until 5 days ago.I used to scoff at some of my Rag mates years ago when they used to use the excuse of playing 3 games every 10/11 days and then all of a sudden they would have a blip.
I now honestly believe we will push on and gain that top spot again and maybe,just maybe,these last 5 days may be a blessing in disguise and a full onslaught of the PL is now our aim.I trust Vinnie and the lads to do us proud.

oakiecokie said:
ManCitizens. said:
oakiecokie said:

Yes to some extent,but maybe thats due to our success on all four front competitions,up until 5 days ago.I used to scoff at some of my Rag mates years ago when they used to use the excuse of playing 3 games every 10/11 days and then all of a sudden they would have a blip.
I now honestly believe we will push on and gain that top spot again and maybe,just maybe,these last 5 days may be a blessing in disguise and a full onslaught of the PL is now our aim.I trust Vinnie and the lads to do us proud.

Lets hope so, we really do need Manuel to start playing our best team every week from now on. Rotation should be forgotten after the back ups let us down against Wigan.

ManCitizens. said:
oakiecokie said:
ManCitizens. said:

Lets hope so, we really do need Manuel to start playing our best team every week from now on. Rotation should be forgotten after the back ups let us down against Wigan.

If we can stagger some of the matches we are behind in,over a 4 week period I think we will start to have a more settled team.Its now up to players like Clichy,Kolo,Lescott,Garcia,Dzeko,Richards,The Beast and not forgetting MD,to concentrate more and provide us with additional consistent performances when called upon.
Just a shame that we are down to the bare bones up front,but Pels may still play Silva behind one of the the front men.
I just have this positive feeling now we out of two competitions,we will crack on and win the PL.Never felt like this before,so hope its a good omen and I`m not pissing on everyones chips.

ManCitizens. said:
The first 30 minutes at Spurs was brilliant but we've been poor since then imo.
I agree with the first bit re the spurs game, but we weren't poor after that, we were just very good, with a few lapses, we did after all score 4 goals after the 50th minute.

I thought we were fine against chelsea in the league, but gave them something to hang on to, Clearly mourinho's favourite game, but they didn't deserve to win imho.

As for poor since, no I don;t agree, we've certainly not been at our very best, we were poor at times like Norwich, We pretty well humped Chelsea in the FAC, but weren't great against stoke, we still got the result though.

An average first half at wembley, good in periods in the second, won a trophy, shite against wigan for 45 minutes, battered them for 45 minutes, too many missed chances.

Good in barcelona, but what is the point when its rigged ?

cleavers said:
ManCitizens. said:
The first 30 minutes at Spurs was brilliant but we've been poor since then imo.
I agree with the first bit re the spurs game, but we weren't poor after that, we were just very good, with a few lapses, we did after all score 4 goals after the 50th minute.

I thought we were fine against chelsea in the league, but gave them something to hang on to, Clearly mourinho's favourite game, but they didn't deserve to win imho.

As for poor since, no I don;t agree, we've certainly not been at our very best, we were poor at times like Norwich, We pretty well humped Chelsea in the FAC, but weren't great against stoke, we still got the result though.

An average first half at wembley, good in periods in the second, won a trophy, shite against wigan for 45 minutes, battered them for 45 minutes, too many missed chances.

Good in barcelona, but what is the point when its rigged ?

We scored 1 goal in 3 February league games (Chelsea H, Norwich A, Stoke H), not good enough.<br /><br />-- Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:16 am --<br /><br />
cleavers said:
ManCitizens. said:
Name the team then, not sure last nights starting 11 could be bettered to be honest.

Last night was our best line up, if Aguero's injured I'd play Dzeko ahead of Negredo.

We played quite well the other night. We played well against Chelsea in the Cup. I actually thought we controlled the game against Stoke without be too pleasing on the eye. Stoke did not have a clear chance 2nd half.

However it is clear we are not playing as well as we were and its no coincidence that both Negredo and Dzeko have not scored for 8 matches.

Negredo in particular is a major concern because on his current form he cant start which leaves us relying on Dzeko.

I don't think we played well on wednesday at all, shaky at the back, wasteful in possession and up front

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.