Honestly, when did we last play really well?

All this when did we last play well rubbish. I'll tell you when......when we were last allowed to play well, which was Spurs away. Since then we've encountered one parked bus after another. Chelsea, Norwich, Stoke, Sunderland, Wigan, they all had 9 men behind the ball nearly every time we attacked. No team ever looks exciting when they've got to be so patient and so precise in everything they do just to get a sniff of a shot. Cutting the manager and players some slack instead of whinging about them might be a good idea

Beermonster said:
stavros said:
proudbear said:
Just looking back through our last few fixtures, and if Im honest the last time we played to our capabilities was West Ham away in January.
Why have we faltered lately and looked so lethargic? Fatigue? Injury? Disinterest? This team is a shade of the one earlier this year.

Barcelona at home was lacklustre, Sunderland C1C Final was because of two world class goals (looked disinterested apart from that), Stoke was a pretty lucky affair with Toure, Chelsea Home was horrible, Norwich lacked any interest or desire.

Spurs Away could be considered, but that game looked like it was going to be a long night before they got a red card. Also Chelsea FA cup, but that was good not great.

What has happened? Hoping we cast all doubters with an incredible performance against Hull, were due one.

Are you pissed ?

We were absolutely sublime in the first half against Spurs

Was about to put exactly the same! The first 30 minutes was the best football we have played this season for me

I think the the poster s half right in what point he's making apart from the spurs game that is !!

I would love for us to win all the remaining games without playing as well as we can, wouldn't bother me one little bit but i dont think we can playing as we are.

We do look tired and we've got a severe shortage of goals at the moment.

How we all wish those goals in the big wins could have been spread over a bigger number of games .

The team will have to really role their sleeves up from now till the end of the season if we are to win the league , we can't afford to lose more than 2 games i dont think ??

Chelsea, liverpool and arsenal will all probley slip up but i think we will too, hopefully we can pip one of them over the line, could be an exciting end to the season.

By the way i thought we played quite well v barca and vinnie was absolutely fucking out of this world proving for me that we have the best centre half in the WORLD right now .

C'mon city lets get at it !!

One city, one club, one love !! C'mon you mighty sky blues were all behind you !!

Exeter Blue I am here said:
All this when did we last play well rubbish. I'll tell you when......when we were last allowed to play well, which was Spurs away. Since then we've encountered one parked bus after another. Chelsea, Norwich, Stoke, Sunderland, Wigan, they all had 9 men behind the ball nearly every time we attacked. No team ever looks exciting when they've got to be so patient and so precise in everything they do just to get a sniff of a shot. Cutting the manager and players some slack instead of whinging about them might be a good idea

Inferior opposition are always going to park the bus and we can't expect teams to allow us to play well. In the league a draw against us is a good result so we have to expect it from these teams. We don't help ourselves when we give the opposing team the lead (Sunderland, Wigan, Chelsea) and they have something to defend. When you're a top side you have to find a way through but you have to have earn the right to win against anyone

Tim Sherwood described us as the best team on the planet….. Man City 1-2 Wigan Athletic. What the fucks going wrong?

The parked bus defence is hardly a new phenomenon.

It didn't stop other teams winning lots more than one title.

City need to be more creative and vary things a bit.

Relentless pressure of a very predictable kind is going to have too high a failure rate to ensure title success, even for players as good as City's.

I think the FA Cup tie against Chelsea was an outstanding performance in lots of ways better than a lot of the multi goal pastings we have inflicted on many teams during this season.

tiggsywiggsywoo said:
Tim Sherwood described us as the best team on the planet….. Man City 1-2 Wigan Athletic. What the fucks going wrong?

simple really , we rested 8 players , not rocket science

gmckennasell said:
tiggsywiggsywoo said:

simple really , we rested 8 players , not rocket science
But of the remaining City players . Which of them would have had any trouble walking in to the Wigan team?

CAPTAINKIPPAX said:
I think the FA Cup tie against Chelsea was an outstanding performance in lots of ways better than a lot of the multi goal pastings we have inflicted on many teams during this season.
Very true, but for quite a lot these days, if we don't get six (even against the so called elite) these days its shit.

cleavers said:
CAPTAINKIPPAX said:
Very true, but for quite a lot these days, if we don't get six (even against the so called elite) these days its shit.
We dominated and bullied the rent boys in the cup; pity the self absorbed panda never watched the game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.