Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

They rioted in the family stand the shitheads resulting in 22 of their "boys" being locked up. We were there waiting around the moss for them
Yes. I ran around and waited for them to come out. A police dog was the biggest opposition.

Reactions: Ian
millwall the amount of people go on about them like they are the dogs bollox!!! they got bullied at maine road for years and had to bring other firms and still got bullied..
Chelsea plus spurs if I remember correctly.

They tried setting the Shell garage on fire once on Wilmslow road. Then about 50 of them got together and marched towards Maine road all (seemingly) nonchalant and cocky, singing their song 'marching all together'. But little did they know of their imminent fate. Ambushed to leave most of them on the deck, like flat Yorkshire puddings.
Attack by Manc punk band Armed Force seemed an apt tune to ruck; )
"We don't turn away, we don't turn our backs, this is what we do, attack attack attack".

Used to go to Maine Rd with Muppet the lead singer and there were a couple of other blues in the band too.

I think that Spurs home game was the one where I saw 5 spurs fans getting chased and they all legged into a posh BMW. They thought they were safe but City boys trashed the car before dragging them out to give them a proper twatting. Always been bad blood v them, especially since 81 final games.

That car was a right off when we finished ; )

How bad was it after the Coventry game in the cup when goater scored in the last minute and they invaded the main stand?
I remember inside they ran into the main stand and City fans were running over from the Kippax to help out.
Walked past their end after the game and there was just a big semi circle of city fans surrounding it waiting for them to come out. Always wondered what happened when they came out
What I remember is them getting into that little block between the North Stand and the Main Stand but there was hardly anyone in there. I remember seeing loads of City running across the top of the main stand I think where the press were to get at them but they'd backed off by then. Outside a huge amount were waiting but they must have been kept in cos they came out in drips and drabs probably shitting it. I put something about the Boro game before having been in the Kippax. They all got up in 2 and 3s with about 10 to go so it was well planned and came back in. I believe they ended up meeting their match

Yes they didn't travel up north well. The Chelsea headhunters were the toughest London firm in my opinion in the late seventies/early eighties. They took it everywhere. They even turned up at Maine Road when their away fans had been banned. I remember hanging around near the ticket office wondering if they would show when in the distance you could hear this chant getting closer. " The Chelsea United will never be defeated." A couple of minutes later around the corner they came, marching in formation like an infantry unit, all dressed in reefer jackets, jeans and docs, about 50-80 of them. The police were as surprised as we were but soon hemmed them in.
Chelsea United. Don't remember City playing against them very often in the 80s

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.