Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

Never a fighter but sometimes there was no choice.

The buzz of getting in & out at aways was ace tho.

As for at MR, rags, Spurs,Chelsea & both dips sides always created a bit of liveliness.

Think my first experience was in the NS/Kippax corner where I'd stand with my dad. 10 deep of the NS side of Bro' and the same on the Kippax side of City, it was like a mini scene from the Russian forest fights.

Again although an away games the 2-2 at Oldham, 3-2 at Notts Co and loads of raggy games were exciting viewing.

I was young in the 90s so never encountered any violence. I saw somebody bottled at Copenhagen away.

On a side note at a Sunderland away game (think it was the one where Tevez missed a sitter) this ginger twat in his 40s pinned me against the wall. He incorrectly thought I was barging through the queue for the shitters on the concourse. I was only 20 at the time and remember being pretty ill. I Would love to see that same ginger twat again and see of he'd try the same now.

What I remember is them getting into that little block between the North Stand and the Main Stand but there was hardly anyone in there. I remember seeing loads of City running across the top of the main stand I think where the press were to get at them but they'd backed off by then. Outside a huge amount were waiting but they must have been kept in cos they came out in drips and drabs probably shitting it. I put something about the Boro game before having been in the Kippax. They all got up in 2 and 3s with about 10 to go so it was well planned and came back in. I believe they ended up meeting their match
Coventry tried it on in I think what was called outer block H right below police box. Came unstuck in the ground and out. Boro came in top of north stand in the corner next to main stand and again came unstuck. No doubt both at the time claimed victory.

Correct.
That’s Boundary La Hulme.
I was enjoying a nice quiet pint in the Gamecock an hour later when Utds mob walked in .
Fortunately I knew a few of them and was allowed to leave unscathed!
Was that after they had been battered?

Coventry tried it on in I think what was called outer block H right below police box. Came unstuck in the ground and out. Boro came in top of north stand in the corner next to main stand and again came unstuck. No doubt both at the time claimed victory.
I seem to remember in the Coventry game they filled the North Stand on a bit of a day trip and we scored that late most had gone home in not that big a crowd anyway. I remember some coming out afterwards in a sort of act of surrender. Shithouses

I was at the England v Greece game at the wear house then went to the thirsty scholar after now that was an interesting afternoon .

Yes they didn't travel up north well. The Chelsea headhunters were the toughest London firm in my opinion in the late seventies/early eighties. They took it everywhere. They even turned up at Maine Road when their away fans had been banned. I remember hanging around near the ticket office wondering if they would show when in the distance you could hear this chant getting closer. " The Chelsea United will never be defeated." A couple of minutes later around the corner they came, marching in formation like an infantry unit, all dressed in reefer jackets, jeans and docs, about 50-80 of them. The police were as surprised as we were but soon hemmed them in.
Remember a massive rumble with Chelsea outside the Brunswick near Piccadilly in 85, was very early in the season City had just come up from Div 2,they made the game an 11am KO on a Saturday morning,2 absolutely huge crews goin toe to toe after the game,how 2 such big crews bypassed the police was baffling looking back especially when the game was switched to such an early start to try & avoid this...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.