Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

Yeah, back in the 80s and 90s used to regularly bump into a tidy little firm of Chesterfield blues at away games. Didn’t really know any of them, other than having a bit of a chat occasionally if we both ended up in the same pub. The one I got the impression was kind of their main man was a mixed race guy.
did that chesterfield firm have a tall lad called wayne with tattoos on his face? i cant remember his second name now

Anyone remember going to Notts County in the mid 80’s? I had an old shitty allegro and turned up,with x3 mates into Nottm only to find Forest had played at lunchtime against maybe Villa? Can’t exactly remember, but I do remember having a brick thrown through back window of my car by the away fans as they fought with Forest after their game, on the main drag into town.
as if that wasn’t bad enough, we lost to County later on that day, I got bitten by a police dog at half time when our fans were pulling down the fencing to the pitch.if I remember rightly, the coffee shed at the back of the stand was picked up and thrown back down the steps with the woman still inside.
the manager came on the ground speakers to plead for calm. It was a hot emotional day, 10k blues all pissed up and angry, it wasn’t going to work.
After the game, leg bleeding, got back to damaged car to find a parking ticket too.
it hasnt always been fun supporting our club……..

Anyone remember going to Notts County in the mid 80’s? I had an old shitty allegro and turned up,with x3 mates into Nottm only to find Forest had played at lunchtime against maybe Villa? Can’t exactly remember, but I do remember having a brick thrown through back window of my car by the away fans as they fought with Forest after their game, on the main drag into town.
as if that wasn’t bad enough, we lost to County later on that day, I got bitten by a police dog at half time when our fans were pulling down the fencing to the pitch.if I remember rightly, the coffee shed at the back of the stand was picked up and thrown back down the steps with the woman still inside.
the manager came on the ground speakers to plead for calm. It was a hot emotional day, 10k blues all pissed up and angry, it wasn’t going to work.
After the game, leg bleeding, got back to damaged car to find a parking ticket too.
it hasnt always been fun supporting our club……..

Think pretty much everyone who was there that Bank Holiday Monday, has a tale to tell. Although without that defeat, there would have been no 5-1 Charlton game. Well there might have been but it wouldn’t have mattered too much.

Don’t recall any Forest shenanigans though.

did that chesterfield firm have a tall lad called wayne with tattoos on his face? i cant remember his second name now

Sorry mate, far too long ago to remember any details. As I said previously though, I didn’t know them well enough to know any names even at the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.