Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

We had a bad day in Leeds,couple of rags at Victoria asking us to join up with utd,they got a kicking and city went to the waldorf with rangers,which was a big utd pub in them days, and smashed it up.

I remember the home leg of the Cup Winners Cup semi-final - guess it must have been 1971. I think we lost both legs 0-1 with Osgood scoring.

There was murders going on with groups of fans fighting all along the road back towards Piccadilly - different times
I was at the one at Stamford Bridge
Biggest away following by City Id seen
Bigger than when we played them earlier in season in FA Cup

i was on the special at leeds, i remember when our train was leaving victoria a train full or ranger was just arriving , it was twice the size of the city train !
Yes it was 6th round day City,Rags and Leeds not involved,we played Leeds in League game and Rags had a friendly or not so friendly game v Rangers.1974 50 year's ago unbelievable,remember in the evening at Belle Vue at a club called the Zoobdo disco part of the Elizabethan hall lots of Rangers in all pissed up and we all had a good time.

Regarding the Rangers game. Did not the lack of a Fan Zone with proper screens ( could have used Platt Fields) and the crap screen that Kearney and his Pals put up right in the centre of Pics contribute to the mayhem that followed. Also Manchester's finest GMO not having a Clue how to deal with the situation. There were plenty of options available but Kearney and Co didn't look at any.
‘Kearney’ was never going to be Rangers friendly, & he wasn’t

Yes it was 6th round day City,Rags and Leeds not involved,we played Leeds in League game and Rags had a friendly or not so friendly game v Rangers.1974 50 year's ago unbelievable,remember in the evening at Belle Vue at a club called the Zoobdo disco part of the Elizabethan hall lots of Rangers in all pissed up and we all had a good time.
ha yeah the zoo b doo...........all the kids at school there

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.