Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

That’s because the hooligans are all old men or dead
Wife grew up in SW6, her dad was Fulham but all her cousins real Chelsea Chelsea boys. When her aunt was 70 went to a big party for her at a pub near the Bridge many of the guests shaven headed blokes in their 50s and 60s with Chelsea lion tatoos on their forearms.They all looked like they where veterans of hundreds of terrace battles. As we had come so far to go to the party they made us very welcome and were very friendly, but I thought if I'd encountered them in that pub 30 years ago doubt I'd have got out in one piece. They don't seem to have any problem with City these days but great dislike for Spurs and the rags.

I thought it was 'we don't carry razors, we don't carry lead, all we carry is hatchets to bury in your head, we are all supporters, fanatics every one, we hate man united and leeds and leeds and leeds...'
Can you imagine if we sang that today? Lyrics are priceless LOL

Also many working class Chelsea boys priced out of the Bridge.
I would imagine a lot of Chelsea's support back in the day was local, Chelsea, Fulham, Hammersmith, Battersea, Putney, Chiswick, there are probably not so many white working class "lad" types around these areas up for a scrap at a football match these days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.