Hope the match survives this weekends weather.

not scare mongering here but my mates dad works at the met office and my mate lives in sheffield and was driving over for the match but his dad has told him not to travel he said by 5pm tomoz all trans pennine routes will be very badly effected by snow and will probably end up closed.

Just making everyone aware cos it might look ok when traveling to the match but you will struggle to get back.

He said snow will start fallling in manchester between 12 and 2pm and last around 10 to 12 hours and its going to head south and east so even midlanders and southerns need to be aware.

if its any consilation he also predicts city will win the league.

Take care if you still decide to travel.

Hi

Posted the above earlier.

My mate just text me saying his dad has phoned again and met office feel manchester will have 10 to 15cm of snow on ground by 9pm tomoz thats around the ground with some areas to the south and east of the ground maybe getting 20cm+

He also said they are in contact with all prem clubs as we speak advising on situation but obviously met dont make decision just give police and club information but he did say he feels if it does pan out how they think it will get called off.

Not coming down for this one as I got job for the day, but tbh as much as I would rather be at the game, it could be a blessing in disguise as when theres snow there's always problems with trains

guvnor22002 said:
not scare mongering here but my mates dad works at the met office and my mate lives in sheffield and was driving over for the match but his dad has told him not to travel he said by 5pm tomoz all trans pennine routes will be very badly effected by snow and will probably end up closed.

Just making everyone aware cos it might look ok when traveling to the match but you will struggle to get back.

He said snow will start fallling in manchester between 12 and 2pm and last around 10 to 12 hours and its going to head south and east so even midlanders and southerns need to be aware.

Hi

My mate just text me saying his dad has phoned again and met office feel manchester will have 10 to 15cm of snow on ground by 9pm tomoz thats around the ground with some areas to the south and east of the ground maybe getting 20cm+

He also said they are in contact with all prem clubs as we speak advising on situation but obviously met dont make decision just give police and club information but he did say he feels if it does pan out how they think it will get called off.
If there is 10-15 cm of snow tomorow in Manchester I will go to city naked.

Manchestercitychorlton said:
guvnor22002 said:

Hi

Looks and sounds highly unlikely to me, but appreciate the reports
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/lib/template/spacer.gif

guvnor22002 said:

Hi

This is a break down in plain english of what the latest data is suggesting.

Make you own minds up but I wouldnt fancy being stood naked in 10-15cm of snow lol

<a class="postlink" href="http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/72442-north-west-of-england-regional-discussion-thread-part-3/page__view__findpost__p__2245055" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/72442- ... p__2245055</a>

The met office dont forecast it to snow at all tonight?

im talking about tomoz afternoon and evening if anyones got bbc news channel the weather is on around 27mins past the hour and 57 mins every half hour watch it see what you think

Enough of all this bollox! Look out of the window before you set off for the match. We'll have had it worse don't worry about that!!

guvnor22002 said:
The met office dont forecast it to snow at all tonight?

im talking about tomoz afternoon and evening if anyones got bbc news channel the weather is on around 27mins past the hour and 57 mins every half hour watch it see what you think
I shall take back that statement about going to the match, read it wrong thought you meant 9am.

Just posted this on the netweather forum and got this reply.

View PostI'M NOT RALLY HERE, on 04 February 2012 - 00:03 , said:
Hi guys, my first post on here. great forum btw.

Manchester City have a home game tomorrow scheduled for 5.30, can anybody tell me the chances of it being called off due to the snow?

Hi mate, welcome to Netweather :)

I think theres a pretty high chance it will be called off with Manchester being in a prime location for some heavy snowfall during Saturday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.