Hope the match survives this weekends weather.

westdidsburyblue said:
seriously... is anyone driving from london with a spare seat? i've got emergency equiptment if needed!!
marcus_booty_butter_cocoa.bmp

oakiecokie said:
Our daughter who lives Bulgaria,telephoned us last night.
Two foot of snow and -27 degrees.
Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fucking cold just thinking about her and her hubby.

The sea has frozen there,just seen it on the news 20 people have frozen to to death on the streets.. very sad.

No snow at all in Fallowfield, so I'm guessing around the ground will probably be clear too.

Doesn't look like snowing, I could be wrong though.

SuperYaya said:
No snow at all in Fallowfield, so I'm guessing around the ground will probably be clear too.

There's been no moisture in the atmosphere but there will be on Saturday and the clash of a warm front with a cold front involving moisture usually brings snow.

PowderBlue said:
danburge82 said:
01MANC said:
I've just landed from Canada, fighting jet lag along with my 2 boys

We're here just for this game and fly back Monday

This would quite honestly be beyond words if it gets called off!!!!
It wont get called off fella. Over the two previous Winters we had some true Winter (Canada Winter standard) weather and games at our ground went ahead. On a few occasions the walkways and some roads were unwalkable/undrivable (just too dangerous) and games went ahead no problem.

PS- what are you lot doing in the days you are here other than the match?; and why aren't your kids in school?! ;)

There was a game called off last year, or the year before I seem to remember, because of the surrounding areas

Wasn`t it the United Carling Cup semi final game ??

danburge82 said:
SuperYaya said:

There's been no moisture in the atmosphere but there will be on Saturday and the clash of a warm front with a cold front involving moisture usually brings snow.

I thought that brought rain? My source is only something my brain has heard on TV at some point in my life though, so I'm not too confident on that.

Doesn't seem cold enough to snow, although I suppose that only comes after it's fallen...

SuperYaya said:
danburge82 said:
SuperYaya said:

I thought that brought rain? My source is only something my brain has heard on TV at some point in my life though, so I'm not too confident on that.

Doesn't seem cold enough to snow, although I suppose that only comes after it's fallen...
Well yes, it brings precipitation in any form depending on the types of cloud, how and where the cloud was formed, how dense the cloud is and what type of water it forms depending on what the temperature is - snow, hail, sleet or rain will fall.

oakiecokie said:
PowderBlue said:
danburge82 said:
It wont get called off fella. Over the two previous Winters we had some true Winter (Canada Winter standard) weather and games at our ground went ahead. On a few occasions the walkways and some roads were unwalkable/undrivable (just too dangerous) and games went ahead no problem.

PS- what are you lot doing in the days you are here other than the match?; and why aren't your kids in school?! ;)

There was a game called off last year, or the year before I seem to remember, because of the surrounding areas

Wasn`t it the United Carling Cup semi final game ??

Yes, but that was after a couple of feet of snow had fallen and then frozen, making the surrounds very dangerous. Saturday's forecast is for a couple of inches, I can't see that being a major problem.

-10 here in Sarajevo and predicted to go down to -13 later tonight.. down to -18 on saturday night

These guys are predicting only 20% of chance for snow in Manchester on Saturday:

<a class="postlink" href="http://wunderground.com/q/zmw:00000.1.03334" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://wunderground.com/q/zmw:00000.1.03334</a>

i thought were undecided on whether it will be snow or rain as there's warmer weather coming from the east and colder from the west.

that's what my driving instructor told me anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.