Hope the match survives this weekends weather.

cleavers said:
Its on TV, it'll go ahead ;o)
Blackpool game with spuds was called off last minute last season,but then again that was Blackpool.

The only way it'll be called off is as a previous poster has said it's unsafe for the fans to get there.

Met office predicting heavy snow at 3 pm and 6 pm.

Lets hope their forecast is as reliable as usual then we will have perfect weather for the game, if however they have got it right then I can see either a last minute cancellation or an abandonment when we are 2 goals up.

alib said:
will it be snowy at the top of Oldham though?
I'm worried about getting the car off the gf's street if it snows in Saddleworth. First sign of it tomorrow up there and I'm off back to Middleton to set off from there...

not scare mongering here but my mates dad works at the met office and my mate lives in sheffield and was driving over for the match but his dad has told him not to travel he said by 5pm tomoz all trans pennine routes will be very badly effected by snow and will probably end up closed.

Just making everyone aware cos it might look ok when traveling to the match but you will struggle to get back.

He said snow will start fallling in manchester between 12 and 2pm and last around 10 to 12 hours and its going to head south and east so even midlanders and southerns need to be aware.

if its any consilation he also predicts city will win the league.

Take care if you still decide to travel.

As someone who takes an interest in weather forecasting (more like reading variious weather forums to see if it will snow lol) tomorrow will either be:

Snow for 3/4 hours then freezing rain pushing in

Or

Snow throughout the afternoon and evening

either way, there will definately be snow and it will be tricky leaving the match tomorrow

Met office have upgraded the Manchester area to Amber warning for Saturday if you click the link

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/nw/nw_forecast_warnings.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ ... nings.html</a>

guvnor22002 said:
not scare mongering here but my mates dad works at the met office and my mate lives in sheffield and was driving over for the match but his dad has told him not to travel he said by 5pm tomoz all trans pennine routes will be very badly effected by snow and will probably end up closed.

Just making everyone aware cos it might look ok when traveling to the match but you will struggle to get back.

He said snow will start fallling in manchester between 12 and 2pm and last around 10 to 12 hours and its going to head south and east so even midlanders and southerns need to be aware.

Bollocks, looks like I might have to give this one a miss. Travelling up from Birmingham but like you said, getting back will be a problem.

guvnor22002 said:

But the snake and woodhead get closed for wind, never mind snow!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.