Horrific Injury at Stoke (Shawcross on Ramsey) {merged}

I've looked at this a number of times now. IMO Shawcross has gone over the top of the ball in his challenge, but its my belief that there was nothing malicious in the challenge. If he hadn't broke Ramsey's leg i dont think he would have got sent off for it.

I think the reason Wenger is pissed is cos this will hamper the development of this kid. There is now no way he will become the player he promised. Yes, he can still have a professional career but at the age he is he will lose out on so much learning it will lead to his career being with a mid table prem club.

Hope Aaron gets through this

Shawcross did not mean to hurt the player, but it was reckless. Pulis is responsible for Stoke's tactics, and if they are unchecked then they will drive players like Fabregas out of the Premiership.

We lost Vieira and Adebayor in the recent games with Stoke to suspensions. It's clear that Stoke play a physical game and push it to its limits

Total accident in my opinion. Shawcross went off with tears in his eyes, he obviously didn't mean it.

But when you play football at the pace of the Premier League you only have to mis time a challenge like that and it ends in disaster.

I wouldn't wish that on anyone but that could of easily been one of our players.

Shawcross went in way too violently. Don't listen to the shit on motd, the fact he snapped his leg despite not having his studs up tells you how hard he must have gone into that 'tackle'.

I don't think it was reckless or malicious. I've watched it several times now and from a number of different angles. The frame by frame photos on SSN this morning were especially helpful. Shawcross goes for the ball and swing his leg at it, but Ramsey dives in to make the interception. Ramsey's leg is then in a very prone position in the exact same place where the ball was mere fractions of a second earlier. Completely accidental and nothing to do withour style of play, just unfortunate.

As for that lovely Wenger chap who's perfectly entitled to make his comments, let's see what he's like with the boot on the other foot:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5mpzn75kmE[/youtube]

Stiss said:
Total accident in my opinion. Shawcross went off with tears in his eyes, he obviously didn't mean it.

But when you play football at the pace of the Premier League you only have to mis time a challenge like that and it ends in disaster.

I wouldn't wish that on anyone but that could of easily been one of our players.

Yes it could after playing them cloggers 3 games in 11 days, they should be booted out for crimes against football.

Shawcross epitomises the Stoke mentality- forget the ball just take both man and ball and sod what happens - it is rife thro the Stoke side - Fuller, Whelan, Sidibe Collins - this is Pulis at his worst they should be harshly punished- Shawcross cheated last Wednesday- yesterday he had his hand on the back of the shirt of any arse player near him - and Capello picks him for England - he and ferdinand will get on fine together- the cup is called the facup it certainly is when the FA are involved - absolutely disgraceful - Shitcross should be banned for as long as it takes for Ramsey to recover- end of

Collins? COLLINS?

Bloody hell, I'd love it if he even got close enough to a player to foul them. Bringing him into the argument is jus tplain daft, you've put a list of Stoke players on your wall and thrown four darts at it.

any player who injures another player should be banned until the player recovers. What Shawcross did was horrendous- not an accident just shear thuggery - it was bound to happen sometime as it is actively encouraged by the Stoke management. Belleti should have been banned for his tackle on Bridge same with Mascerano on Barry -it will happen again until these thugs are stopped. 3 games is a joke as a ban for Shawcross- he is an accident waiting to happen- he has tried it before- just watch the guy- pure stupidity

The lad was distraut at what he did. Missed it when it happened but looked up to see Ramseys leg bent over. Poor kid.
Having watched it n youtube I can't judge too much. The camera was too far away to see any intent, it seemed to me that Ramsey just got to the ball first causing Shawcross to go over it and clatter his leading leg.
Very unfortunate. He couldn't back out and it meant a broken leg. Would have been a booking in other circumstances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.