House Seller not Disclosing

Sounds like you have a solid case if you have one form ticked 'no' and them a certificate showing that is incorrect. Am sure you can get legal advice, maybe your insurers to start?

We're facing a similar dilemma ourselves, but with declaring bad neighbours. Although we've never complained about them or spoken to them (we chose to move instead of make an issue of it) we feel we should at least mention that we don't get on with them, but how far to go?

That they regularly get pissed and scream at each other and threaten violence to each other, keep our kids awake to the early hours with angry swearing and crashing about, that they think (incorrectly) that it was us who called the police on them recently and decided to shout abuse at us through the walls, even knowing we have two small children, or that they've been having lockdown parties?

Or just mention that we don't really know them and feel guilty about it?

Sounds like you have a solid case if you have one form ticked 'no' and them a certificate showing that is incorrect. Am sure you can get legal advice, maybe your insurers to start?

We're facing a similar dilemma ourselves, but with declaring bad neighbours. Although we've never complained about them or spoken to them (we chose to move instead of make an issue of it) we feel we should at least mention that we don't get on with them, but how far to go?

That they regularly get pissed and scream at each other and threaten violence to each other, keep our kids awake to the early hours with angry swearing and crashing about, that they think (incorrectly) that it was us who called the police on them recently and decided to shout abuse at us through the walls, even knowing we have two small children, or that they've been having lockdown parties?

They may be bad neighbours to you but great to the next owners, say fuck all, with the main thread, I would sue every fucker, your staying anyway, the works been done and hopefully shouldn't have anymore problems, but sue every fucker

Trying to gather as many facts as I can over the weekend before I initiate things tomorrow.

As far as I can make out, the Property Information Form is a legal document in the conveyancing process as it forms and informs the basis of a sale contract and an offer amount.

The seller has definitely ticked no against the question " has the property ever had underpinning", for them only to submit an extant guarantee for underpinning work done 6 years ago.
Considering the seller worked in an Estate Agent as a sales negotiator, I suspect this was a deliberate misrepresentation.

Trying to gather as many facts as I can over the weekend before I initiate things tomorrow.

As far as I can make out, the Property Information Form is a legal document in the conveyancing process as it forms and informs the basis of a sale contract and an offer amount.

The seller has definitely ticked no against the question " has the property ever had underpinning", for them only to submit an extant guarantee for underpinning work done 6 years ago.
Considering the seller worked in an Estate Agent as a sales negotiator, I suspect this was a deliberate misrepresentation.
Sounds like you have them on the ropes with that form. It's a bit disappointing that it didn't get found during the searches that solicitors love to charge us all for as part of conveyancing. Not sure if you should use the same solicitors or start afresh as their own position on this might be dodgy.

I’ve told you I’ll keep the fucking noise down in future.

Moved house last week and yesterday the postman delivered a lot of paperwork from the solicitor, deeds, elect works certificates etc. Amongst them was a 10 year guarantee for underpinning works done in 2015. This was never disclosed by the seller and they even ticked no against any underpinning work in the property information form. My solicitor can take some blame in my eyes for sitting on this guarantee and not saying anything, but what recourse do I have with the seller as we would certainly not offered as much as we did for the house, if indeed we would have bought it at all. Any legal eagles out there give me any advice.
Do you know where they live now? Torch the fucking house.

Was it them who had it doneor did a precious owner do the works?
Just thinking they might never have known.

Sounds like you have them on the ropes with that form. It's a bit disappointing that it didn't get found during the searches that solicitors love to charge us all for as part of conveyancing. Not sure if you should use the same solicitors or start afresh as their own position on this might be dodgy.
Agree, will use I dependant solicitor

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.