House Seller not Disclosing

Was it them who had it doneor did a precious owner do the works?
Just thinking they might never have known.
Not sure mate. We know they lived here 6 years, which takes it back to 2015, which is when the work was done. The fact they presented the guarantee for the sale tells me they were aware.

Not sure if, in law, ignorance is a sound defence

How much for, a % of the sale price maybe?
Your asking a baggage handling expert a question that's a bit out of my league, :) ,but enough to cover your emotional distress, value of the house if you knew that the works had been done and a sum in the bank to cover any possible future works, tell them you're not able to get a hardon with all the stress:) ,your solicitor will be able to tell you a realistic amount, I would say fucking millions :)

Your asking a baggage handling expert a question that's a bit out of my league, :) ,but enough to cover your emotional distress, value of the house if you knew that the works had been done and a sum in the bank to cover any possible future works, tell them you're not able to get a hardon with all the stress:) ,your solicitor will be able to tell you a realistic amount, I would say fucking millions :)
Will you represent me, I like the cut of your jib :)

Wifey works for a solicitor and she said go and seek independent legal advice as you have a nailed on case which you will win. Conveyancing is one of the most litigious areas of the law
If the underpinning works were done six years ago and your sellers moved in around this time, it seems obvious they knew and it's highly likely the work was done as a condition of their sale
Wifey also said the chances of a claim against your solicitor for being neglegent is slim as they will only check the major items are in order such as title deeds.

Wifey works for a solicitor and she said go and seek independent legal advice as you have a nailed on case which you will win. Conveyancing is one of the most litigious areas of the law
If the underpinning works were done six years ago and your sellers moved in around this time, it seems obvious they knew and it's highly likely the work was done as a condition of their sale
Wifey also said the chances of a claim against your solicitor for being neglegent is slim as they will only check the major items are in order such as title deeds.
Cheers bud, much appreciated.

Sounds like you have them on the ropes with that form. It's a bit disappointing that it didn't get found during the searches that solicitors love to charge us all for as part of conveyancing. Not sure if you should use the same solicitors or start afresh as their own position on this might be dodgy.
This totally.
You should definitely be looking for a new solicitor on this.

At least the works have been done, a worse case scenario would be if you'd have bought it and had a big unsolved problem on your hands that had been missed. I'm a surveyor, and certainly not defending my own, as if he/she hasn't been informed by the client and their team about these previous works pre-visit, then they wouldn't have known unless there were telltale signs above ground level that weren't concealed by landscaping.

You've been had though mate, which is unfortunately very common as I've been stung enough times to last a lifetime; there's more unscrupulous bastards out there in business than there are fair. The seller has embellished it and your solicitor should've spotted and flagged this in the paperwork as the wordsmith per se.

Definitely seek independent legal advice, you could well be looking at a legitimate case. Easy for me to say as I'm not in your shoes, but try to enjoy the new home and congratulations on your move. Would be good for you to reap some financial reward though if possible; good luck.

Moved house last week and yesterday the postman delivered a lot of paperwork from the solicitor, deeds, elect works certificates etc. Amongst them was a 10 year guarantee for underpinning works done in 2015. This was never disclosed by the seller and they even ticked no against any underpinning work in the property information form. My solicitor can take some blame in my eyes for sitting on this guarantee and not saying anything, but what recourse do I have with the seller as we would certainly not offered as much as we did for the house, if indeed we would have bought it at all. Any legal eagles out there give me any advice.
My friend had the same issue about 20 years ago. It only came to light years after moving in when the walls began slowly cracking up.
In his case it turned out the survey should have picked it up but didn't and so he claimed, via his home insurance, against the surveying company.

Long story short he won his case and the surveyors insurers had to pay for full rectifying on his house including decorating throughout. I think he even got a new kitchen out of it somehow. They also had to pay for him and his family to move into a top notch rented house for 6 months whilst the work was carried out.

If was a long process but if you're in the right is worth it. Take legal advice and good luck.

I thought all guarantees etc were in with the deeds pack , so the solicitor should have checked the deeds pack and seen them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.