Housing market slowdown?

bornblueegg said:
Securing the mortgage willbe the hardest thing. But generally things are on the up
Took me 3 months to get someone view
They have said yes
I think they are having problem getting a mortgage so it is dragging on now
but good luck to you Mr Boots I hope it goes well

One of the major problems is the deposits now theres no 100% or 95% mortgages left on the market. It's hard for any person/people to get on their first house as they'll need a minimum 10% deposit and it's a lot of money. We were lucky in respect that when we bought our first house in June last year we only had to pay a 5% deposit, a couple of months later and Abbey scrapped 5% mortgages or we'd have had no chance of getting a mortgage and i'd still be living at my mums and my girlfriend would still be living at her parents

It's hard because were only 21 so obviously not got loads of money left over once bills are paid for but i'm glad that we bought when we did otherwise we'd have been waiting a while

Failsworth_Blue said:
One of the major problems is the deposits now theres no 100% or 95% mortgages left on the market. It's hard for any person/people to get on their first house as they'll need a minimum 10% deposit and it's a lot of money. We were lucky in respect that when we bought our first house in June last year we only had to pay a 5% deposit, a couple of months later and Abbey scrapped 5% mortgages or we'd have had no chance of getting a mortgage and i'd still be living at my mums and my girlfriend would still be living at her parents

It's hard because were only 21 so obviously not got loads of money left over once bills are paid for but i'm glad that we bought when we did otherwise we'd have been waiting a while
I had to pay the 10% for the people getting mine (first timers)
Where in Failsworth are you Blue the house I am selling is just behind the station

SouthStand211 said:
Can I ask a question? Whats the best way to buy a house on the cheap?

Thought about auction but dont know how or where to start... or how much it would save.. we want a three bedroom house in an okay area, but can only really afford 85k, which is a non-starter..

This site has a couple around that mark.

Northwich is a bit of a pain for getting to the game and the nightlife (ha ha) is not on a par with the city centre but if you don't go out that much anymore - like me - then it's a pretty cool place to live.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...ending=false&includeSSTC=true&_includeSSTC=on

blue John said:
Failsworth_Blue said:

I had to pay the 10% for the people getting mine (first timers)
Where in Failsworth are you Blue the house I am selling is just behind the station

Where you moving to John? I'm living just off Roman Road so bit further away from town from where you are

I am a mortgage broker and in my opinion all this " you cant get a mortgage " is a load of bull.

If you have a decent deposit, good credit record and a salary to be able to afford the loan then you will be okay.

The main problem is the valution of property, estate agents are still valuing property way to high.if you have your house up for sale and agree a sale odds are that the valution will come way under what you were asking, this is way so many sales are falling thru.

there are houses near me that are still up for sale at the levels of 18 months ago, they havent sold and they wont unless they take about 20% off the valuation.

In my opinion the market will get far worse yet as the unsold stock builds up and up, more competition means lower prices, i think we have at least another 2 years before values level out.

Johnno's Beer Gut said:
I am a mortgage broker and in my opinion all this " you cant get a mortgage " is a load of bull.

If you have a decent deposit, good credit record and a salary to be able to afford the loan then you will be okay.

The main problem is the valution of property, estate agents are still valuing property way to high.if you have your house up for sale and agree a sale odds are that the valution will come way under what you were asking, this is way so many sales are falling thru.

there are houses near me that are still up for sale at the levels of 18 months ago, they havent sold and they wont unless they take about 20% off the valuation.

In my opinion the market will get far worse yet as the unsold stock builds up and up, more competition means lower prices, i think we have at least another 2 years before values level out.

exactly mate

im an estate agent and all this bollocks about the market still gonna drop another 50% is laughable

im selling more at the mo than ive done in the last 3 years

im happy as a pig in shit at the moment

An estate agent saying the market isn't going to fall further, now theres a suprise....

ln fact l was being conservative, l actually forecast house prices to drop by 70-80 %......the great crash has barely started yet, wait until it really gets going.....all in my humble opinion of course.

Housing%20Bubble%20logo.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.