Housing market slowdown?

Failsworth_Blue said:
blue John said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
One of the major problems is the deposits now theres no 100% or 95% mortgages left on the market. It's hard for any person/people to get on their first house as they'll need a minimum 10% deposit and it's a lot of money. We were lucky in respect that when we bought our first house in June last year we only had to pay a 5% deposit, a couple of months later and Abbey scrapped 5% mortgages or we'd have had no chance of getting a mortgage and i'd still be living at my mums and my girlfriend would still be living at her parents

It's hard because were only 21 so obviously not got loads of money left over once bills are paid for but i'm glad that we bought when we did otherwise we'd have been waiting a while
I had to pay the 10% for the people getting mine (first timers)
Where in Failsworth are you Blue the house I am selling is just behind the station

Where you moving to John? I'm living just off Roman Road so bit further away from town from where you are
Rushden mate
Long way for home games but should get to more away games

Just bought a house, the problem you have is the deposit!! you need to put down at least a 15% deposit to get a decent mortgage. Just bought a house which was valued at around £90,000 for £60k ( repossension) there's lots about at the mo !!

tueartsboots said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
tueartsboots said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
House next door to us had it's for sale sign up yesterday morning and when i got home from work last night someone was viewing it so obviously didn't waste anytime there. It's up at 125k, we bought ours last year in June for 135k
Our house went on website this morning no board outside or anything but a hit within an hour !

I'll put the link up but please ensure you are sat down before looking !

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.brooks-estates.co.uk/ViewProperty.aspx?adid=S5366" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.brooks-estates.co.uk/ViewPro ... adid=S5366</a>

Nice house mate, where you moving to?
We have absolutely no idea ! lol
Sarf of the river we thinks, near The Den of all places ! Did think about Peckham but the Del boy jokes from you lot would be too much to bear !

no way another londonblue, im down here until july and then im moving back to the motherland :)

tueartsboots said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
tueartsboots said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
House next door to us had it's for sale sign up yesterday morning and when i got home from work last night someone was viewing it so obviously didn't waste anytime there. It's up at 125k, we bought ours last year in June for 135k
Our house went on website this morning no board outside or anything but a hit within an hour !

I'll put the link up but please ensure you are sat down before looking !

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.brooks-estates.co.uk/ViewProperty.aspx?adid=S5366" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.brooks-estates.co.uk/ViewPro ... adid=S5366</a>

Nice house mate, where you moving to?
We have absolutely no idea ! lol
Sarf of the river we thinks, near The Den of all places ! Did think about Peckham but the Del boy jokes from you lot would be too much to bear !

Why would you want to move from Stokie? Looks like you've got a lovely house and it's a great area. Unless you've got kids who are nearing secondary school age??? Used to live there - Listria Park, just off Manor Road.

Also used to live in Peckham. Well between Peckham and East Dulwich. Liked it there too. I'd go for East Dulwich before West Dulwich. The latter is a bit of a desert tbh. Not much there.

droylsdenblue said:
Got my second viewer in 4 months on Saturday...
Good luck mate
Do as I did just sit at the laptop on bluemoon with a can of John Smith in your hand (This was at 10:00 hrs)

Hither Green was in the Guardian's best place to live section so well worth a visit.

No night life as the land was owned by a dour Scot who put restrictive covenants on the land banning pubs. However, we have a good tea shop and a second hand kids clothes shop. We also have two (count em) train lines which beats the number 73 hands down. We also have at least 3 blues that go to the pub to watch the games.

Although, West Dulwich is possibly a bit more Stokie than HG. What about Deptford? That is a bit more arty than HG and will provide you with a bit of an edge when walking home late at night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.