Housing market slowdown?

we put a house on the market last thursday

4 bed detached double garage drive 2 receptions ensuite etc... It needed the full hit doing inside, windows kitchen bathroom rewire full decoration... the venior had 4 vals from other estate agents at 200, 225, 235 and 250

obviously they chose to use us and come on at 235k, it had 8 viewings on the saturday and sunday and a sale was agreed monday morning at 230k

the house 18months ago would of been worth done up anywhere between 300 and 350k

shows that if its prices right, i.e 20% to 25% off what it was worth 12 to 18 months ago

IT WILL SELL

If people think they are getting a good deal, they will find the money...FACT

now tell me the housing market is dead

foley87 said:
we put a house on the market last thursday

4 bed detached double garage drive 2 receptions ensuite etc... It needed the full hit doing inside, windows kitchen bathroom rewire full decoration... the venior had 4 vals from other estate agents at 200, 225, 235 and 250

obviously they chose to use us and come on at 235k, it had 8 viewings on the saturday and sunday and a sale was agreed monday morning at 230k

the house 18months ago would of been worth done up anywhere between 300 and 350k

shows that if its prices right, i.e 20% to 25% off what it was worth 12 to 18 months ago

IT WILL SELL

If people think they are getting a good deal, they will find the money...FACT

now tell me the housing market is dead

It's not dead but in the example you've quoted it must be dying - it went at between 170 to 220k cheaper than just 18 months ago. Not good if the seller paid more the 230k for it!

DT King of all Geordies said:
Hither Green was in the Guardian's best place to live section so well worth a visit.

No night life as the land was owned by a dour Scot who put restrictive covenants on the land banning pubs. However, we have a good tea shop and a second hand kids clothes shop. We also have two (count em) train lines which beats the number 73 hands down. We also have at least 3 blues that go to the pub to watch the games.

Although, West Dulwich is possibly a bit more Stokie than HG. What about Deptford? That is a bit more arty than HG and will provide you with a bit of an edge when walking home late at night.
Cheers for the info, had a web look yesterday, heading that way shortly !

droylsdenblue said:
Got my second viewer in 4 months on Saturday...

My viewer was a lady in her 60's who now wants to bring her son round at 12 on Sunday....cant come any later because son is going to City!!!!! (note to self...leave City memorabilia scattered around house!)
Says she's really interested as the house is just what she's looking for.
fingers crossed.

tueartsboots said:
DT King of all Geordies said:
Hither Green was in the Guardian's best place to live section so well worth a visit.

No night life as the land was owned by a dour Scot who put restrictive covenants on the land banning pubs. However, we have a good tea shop and a second hand kids clothes shop. We also have two (count em) train lines which beats the number 73 hands down. We also have at least 3 blues that go to the pub to watch the games.

Although, West Dulwich is possibly a bit more Stokie than HG. What about Deptford? That is a bit more arty than HG and will provide you with a bit of an edge when walking home late at night.
Cheers for the info, had a web look yesterday, heading that way shortly !

come to Manchester mate, you could be lord of the manor with £500k

droylsdenblue said:
droylsdenblue said:
Got my second viewer in 4 months on Saturday...

My viewer was a lady in her 60's who now wants to bring her son round at 12 on Sunday....cant come any later because son is going to City!!!!! (note to self...leave City memorabilia scattered around house!)
Says she's really interested as the house is just what she's looking for.
fingers crossed.

Viewer is going to Esate agents on Tuesday to make an offer!!!

oh sh*t what have we done?

droylsdenblue said:
Viewer is going to Esate agents on Tuesday to make an offer!!!

oh sh*t what have we done?

Let's hope they make a sensible offer - good luck blue.

Have you got anywhere to move to yet?

We had an Estate Agent round on Mon, pictures taken on Tues, published on Wed, first view on Thurs, second view on Fri and offer made.

Found a place to move to on the Sat - offer accepted on Tues but then took 4 months to move in!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.