Housing market slowdown?

tueartsboots said:
droylsdenblue said:
Had offer £15k below original asking price....We have offered £20k below asking price for a bungalow we've been looking at so fingers crossed...

98g0ts.gif
nice one ! we heard nothing from 2nd viewing so don't know if good or bad. If not intersetd we would be told straight away, do you not think?

i would be expecting something from a second viewing....our offer came from one so you should expect a call soon, our estate agent called the viewers to ask their opinion so you also get feedback that way too!

good luck!

droylsdenblue said:
tueartsboots said:
droylsdenblue said:
Had offer £15k below original asking price....We have offered £20k below asking price for a bungalow we've been looking at so fingers crossed...

98g0ts.gif
nice one ! we heard nothing from 2nd viewing so don't know if good or bad. If not intersetd we would be told straight away, do you not think?

i would be expecting something from a second viewing....our offer came from one so you should expect a call soon, our estate agent called the viewers to ask their opinion so you also get feedback that way too!

good luck!
tbh, we are not in any rush. we only resigned ourselves two weeks ago, could've played a slow game but would have had to release his equity eventually, as we can't buy him out

tueartsboots said:
Signed a sales agreement on Saturday, photos done on Monday, HIPs done Tuesday, one viewing today and 2 tomorrow ! So no slowdown here !

haha is this guy a fucking estate agent or what!?

It's funny how people in the media keep trying to kid us that 'the bottom has been reached' and there are green shoots and all this bollocks, house prices will continue to fall for a while yet. We've just seen the biggest boom in history, house prices were (and still are in some cases) ridiculously overpriced and lots of people at the moment still haven't come to terms with the fact that their house is worth nowhere near what they were told it was back in 2007

The last house price crash took a good few years and it's highly likely this ones just getting started. Although people argue about how far they'll drop evryone's pretty much in agreement that they will at least keep droppiung til the end of 2009 and that's at the very least

I'm an FTB and there's no way I'm gonna buy somehting now which will almost certainly be worth at least 10% less in the next 12 months and could fall further from there

I'll save my deposit and bide my time and see how it all pans out

The Fat el Hombre said:
tueartsboots said:
Signed a sales agreement on Saturday, photos done on Monday, HIPs done Tuesday, one viewing today and 2 tomorrow ! So no slowdown here !

haha is this guy a fucking estate agent or what!?

It's funny how people in the media keep trying to kid us that 'the bottom has been reached' and there are green shoots and all this bollocks, house prices will continue to fall for a while yet. We've just seen the biggest boom in history, house prices were (and still are in some cases) ridiculously overpriced and lots of people at the moment still haven't come to terms with the fact that their house is worth nowhere near what they were told it was back in 2007

The last house price crash took a good few years and it's highly likely this ones just getting started. Although people argue about how far they'll drop evryone's pretty much in agreement that they will at least keep droppiung til the end of 2009 and that's at the very least

I'm an FTB and there's no way I'm gonna buy somehting now which will almost certainly be worth at least 10% less in the next 12 months and could fall further from there

I'll save my deposit and bide my time and see how it all pans out

You are spot on mate, the last slowdown lasted over 5 years and the economic situation was no where near as bad as we have it now.

This slowdown has much further to go yet.

I moved into my new Apartment today - yipppeeee ! Agreed to buy it 12 months ago for £202,500 but due to the housing market slowdown my Building Society insisted it was re-valued (New Build), got it for £165k in the end so what a bonus !! This is longterm so not especially worried if it drops further as we have downsized and the bills are going to be approx £250 a month cheaper !!

I off-loaded my Pad in 2007, when every two-bit spiv l met claimed to be a 'property developer'.....as clear a signal of a market top as there could be.

Currently in a nice modern rented Apartment and in no hurry to Buy whatsoever.

Why is it called 'the property ladder' when house prices are rising, but not 'the property snake' when they are falling.....

do all these numpties who keep going on about the bottom not being reached yet know that at the moment realise they will be getting the best of both worlds.

i mean at the mo house prices are low and so are interest rates. eventually one will change

wheres your house btw TB?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.