Housing market slowdown?

foley87 said:
do all these numpties who keep going on about the bottom not being reached yet know that at the moment realise they will be getting the best of both worlds.

i mean at the mo house prices are low and so are interest rates. eventually one will change

House prices are only low compared to the ridiculous prices they were at in 2007.

In 2 years time we could be talking about how prices were still high in early 2009

Interest rates have to be so low at the moment to keep any activity at all and if they were a lot higher house prices would be dropping at an even faster rate

foley87 said:
do all these numpties who keep going on about the bottom not being reached yet know that at the moment realise they will be getting the best of both worlds.

i mean at the mo house prices are low and so are interest rates. eventually one will change

wheres your house btw TB?

House prices are still overvalued by at least 50% in my opinion.

Don't expect a bottom for a while yet and these cyclical trends always overshoot, so there is a long way to fall yet. ln fact people will be shocked at how far prices will fall.

l expect interest rates to start rising soon....

foley87 said:

wheres your house btw TB?
unclebatman, still waiting for news, had five views today !
foley, live Stoke Newington N16 London ! Near Emirates and WHL ! Been looking at house near The Den today ! No way am I living near Millwall !

SouthStand211 said:
Can I ask a question? Whats the best way to buy a house on the cheap?

Thought about auction but dont know how or where to start... or how much it would save.. we want a three bedroom house in an okay area, but can only really afford 85k, which is a non-starter..
have a look on gumtree manchester property for sale good luck

Hahahahahah overvalued still by 50%, what planet are you are.

Maybe a 10 - 15% drop at MOST

Benarbia said:

thank god for that..thought i was on my own for a sec

if hes right that means my house..paid 124...next door but one sold for 146 4 weeks later and mins bigger so mine was worth 150k. Minus the 23% weve already seen drop means its now at 115k minus der bombers 50% means it will eventually be worth 57500

lmfao!!!!!!!!!

foley87 said:
Benarbia said:

thank god for that..thought i was on my own for a sec

if hes right that means my house..paid 124...next door but one sold for 146 4 weeks later and mins bigger so mine was worth 150k. Minus the 23% weve already seen drop means its now at 115k minus der bombers 50% means it will eventually be worth 57500

lmfao!!!!!!!!!

Well, we will see in 5 or so years time from now, won't we.........You back your judgement and l will back mine...

Like l said, and l take no pleasure in this ,the house-price crash has barely started, wait until it starts building momentum....

Unfortunately ,there is a whole generation out there who are conditioned to thinking house prices can only go up, these are the ones who will suffer the most.

The property 'bubble' of recent years is comparable to the dot-com 'bubble' in 2000 ,and we all know how that ended...

Bearing in mind i'm around house prices all day long. I speak to lenders and valuers and that's the prediction before the upturn starts

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.