Houssem Aouar

We always seem to drag our arse when it comes to securing players. By the time we get around to it, they have usually signed elsewhere. Footballers are commodities but individual players can make a difference between success or failure as we have seen countless times. Surely players must think that if a club wants them, they put up the dosh and get it done? Or is that too simple an analogy?

ManCity have ‘positioned themselves’ to sign Houssem Aouar this summer, but are yet to start negotiations with Lyon.

City made a concrete approach for Houssem Aouar, led by Pep Guardiola, last summer. However, the midfielder stayed at Lyon after being convinced by their sporting director [@lequipe via @Sport_Witness]
http://sportwitness.co.uk/man-city-...st-summers-failed-attempt-door-open-transfer/
I believe we are looking to see how our case with CAS goes before making any big moves..

We always seem to drag our arse when it comes to securing players. By the time we get around to it, they have usually signed elsewhere. Footballers are commodities but individual players can make a difference between success or failure as we have seen countless times. Surely players must think that if a club wants them, they put up the dosh and get it done? Or is that too simple an analogy?
Out of curiosity, which players have we missed out on over the last few years that we genuinely wanted?

Out of curiosity, which players have we missed out on over the last few years that we genuinely wanted?
Mbappe and Jorginho.
On top of that we failed to extend Sancho's and Sane's contracts

I don't blame anyone for that.
You simply can't have it all.

Mbappe and Jorginho.

I thought Mbappe had said he didnt want to come to Manchester? Also Sancho wanted stupid money and i thought and he'd pissed Pep off so we let him go.

My point is, over the last 5 or 6 years we have done pretty well in the transfer market.

Mbappe and Jorginho.

Very happy that we didn‘t get Jorginho. Same with Sanchez. It all happened for a reason! It‘s time that Foden is a regular starter. Look at Sancho. Pep doing the same mistake again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.