Houssem Aouar

Hope he doesn't follow the route of Mendy and Bernardo. Impress Pep by beating us then sign him.

Seems to play a lot like a better version of Gundogan. Having them both in the squad would be a bit redundant IMO, unless we're planning to sell also

We have lost 2 midfield players in the last year, David Silva and Fern, we have lots of games next season and need another quality player in MF

I can't be the only one who thinks we don't have to fill every single position in the squad with the next big thing?

Without David we've still got De Bruyne, Foden, Gundogan and Bernardo. Losing Fernandinho from the midfield isn't worth mentioning because we signed Rodri as his replacement and it's not as if Aouar would do the same as either of them anyway.

He's a good player and everything but we simply don't need him.

We have lost 2 midfield players in the last year, David Silva and Fern, we have lots of games next season and need another quality player in MF

But we still have Fern, who has another year left on his deal, so we have only lost one and he will apparently be replaced by big Phil.

Even if he was gone, or was moving to CB full time (and lets all pray thats not the case), his role is as a 6 when Aouar is obviously a more advanced midfielder.

I can't be the only one who thinks we don't have to fill every single position in the squad with the next big thing?

Without David we've still got De Bruyne, Foden, Gundogan and Bernardo. Losing Fernandinho from the midfield isn't worth mentioning because we signed Rodri as his replacement and it's not as if Aouar would do the same as either of them anyway.

He's a good player and everything but we simply don't need him.
He is not a good player, he is outstanding. We are short in midfield, another injury to KDB and we are in trouble.

But we still have Fern, who has another year left on his deal, so we have only lost one and he will apparently be replaced by big Phil.

Even if he was gone, or was moving to CB full time (and lets all pray thats not the case), his role is as a 6 when Aouar is obviously a more advanced midfielder.
Fern's days in midfield are OVER, and even at CB very limited, we had to give him an extra year, he earned it by playing a fixed number of games in his last contract.

Fern's days in midfield are OVER, and even at CB very limited, we had to give him an extra year, he earned it by playing a fixed number of games in his last contract.

Interesting. If what you say is true though, do you think we will leave him out of the CL squad? Otherwise I think we will be tight on numbers:

1 Ederson
2 Steffen
3 Cancelo
4 Mendy
5 Zinchenko / Potential LB Singing
6 Laporte
7 Otamendi / Potential CB Singing
8 Fernandinho / Auoar?
9 Rodri
10 KDB
11 Gundogan
12 Bernardo
13 Mahrez
14 Sterling
15 Aguero
16 Jesus
17 Torres

Homegrown Assoc.
1 Sterling
2 Walker
3 Ake
4 Stones?

Homegrown.
1 Foden
2 Garcia?

If we don't leave him out of the squad, or sell a foreign player, we must sign a HG CB/LB, or keep Garcia.

Or replace Steffen with a homegrown goalkeeper, but I haven't heard anything to suggest that being the case.

Interesting. If what you say is true though, do you think we will leave him out of the CL squad? Otherwise I think we will be tight on numbers:

1 Ederson
2 Steffen
3 Cancelo
4 Mendy
5 Zinchenko / Potential LB Singing
6 Laporte
7 Otamendi / Potential CB Singing
8 Fernandinho / Auoar?
9 Rodri
10 KDB
11 Gundogan
12 Bernardo
13 Mahrez
14 Sterling
15 Aguero
16 Jesus
17 Torres

Homegrown Assoc.
1 Sterling
2 Walker
3 Ake
4 Stones?

Homegrown.
1 Foden
2 Garcia?

If we don't leave him out of the squad, or sell a foreign player, we must sign a HG CB/LB, or keep Garcia.

Or replace Steffen with a homegrown goalkeeper, but I haven't heard anything to suggest that being the case.
We may have to if the squad places are tight.

I wonder if the club really wanted him to stay?

Considering that it seems like Pep prefers the Gundogan-Rodri control in big games I can see us buying another midfield control player to sustain this, Gundogan is almost 30. Its perhaps not necessary though with Bernie and youth able to do the business.

I dont think it completely eats into Fodens minutes (it will partially), but Foden can play in any of the other 4 attacking spots and do the business. I think our players are alot more fluid than we think.

Jesus and Sterling can both play winger and striker for example.

Then when Gundogan leaves (however that happens), bring back Douglas Luiz to have that 3rd option.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.