Houssem Aouar

Get him in, we need a refresh in midfield. Clearly Pep doesn't want to put Foden or Bernardo there so we need to buy.

We simply cannot go into next season with Rodri, Gundogan and De Bruyne as the only options in CM.

Get him if we sell Gundogan! Pep loves his slow midfield tho.

I wouldn’t go as far as to call him gash but I don’t entirely disagree. He simply isn’t mobile enough for the role we ask him to play. Additionally It’s all too safe with him on the ball, too many slow sideways easy passes. Fernandinho would pass the ball at a much quicker tempo and would make passes between the lines, he’d also support the attack from higher up too popping up further forward to help with an overload because he had the athleticism to get back if we lost it. Rodri can learn and improve on the latter mentioned stuff, he’s young and it’s his first season but he isn’t suddenly going to become more mobile so we either need to change the way we play to accommodate for that or replace him. I’d rather Gundogan in there at present, not really much worse defensively as neither are quick enough against counters which is our weakness but at least offers something in possession.
Nothing to do with Rodri being shit pep got his tactics completely wrong from start to finish which cost us dearly.. if we would of played our normal formation we would of won that game hands down.. Rodri wasnt the problem.. imo defeat last night was down to pep over thinking everything yet again

Nothing to do with Rodri being shit pep got his tactics completely wrong from start to finish which cost us dearly.. if we would of played our normal formation we would of won that game hands down.. Rodri wasnt the problem.. imo defeat last night was down to pep over thinking everything yet again
Agree with you entirely on that, my comments on Rodri were on his performances across the season, not last night.

I don't think pep sees foden as a midfielder so we need a replacement for David Silva, difference between us and bayern is they have power, technique and goals in their midfield, Muller (goals) Goretzka (power and strength ball winning ability) thiago (technical creator) our midfield when playing 4 3 3, kdb (creator technical and goal scorer) David Silva (Technical/creator) Rodri (technical, good passer, and creator) we are missing a Goretzka someone with power and strength who can bully the ball of players and let our creators create chances, we had that with fernandinho but he can't play there anymore so our midfield is missing that edge and aggression.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.