Houssem Aouar

Absolutely baffled by the continuing links to this guy. We don't have room in the squad for another central midfield player - especially one who is neither defensively a machine nor offensively a machine. Auoer is a younger version of Gundo and we have Gundo.

It's telling that the only place that we're linked with him is in the French press.

Oh and also City themselves briefed categorically just a few days ago they will not be buying a CM this window.

Shame, as it was quite clear against Lyon that Gundo and Rodri aren't good enough together.

They're not, thankfully we have Foden and Bernardo as midfield options.
I don't think Pep does see them as options though, I genuinely believe that he only thinks Gundogan can play the way he wants in that central position. KDB has a free position to move and Rodri stays as the base. I think its daft if we don't get Aouar.

I don't think Pep does see them as options though, I genuinely believe that he only thinks Gundogan can play the way he wants in that central position. KDB has a free position to move and Rodri stays as the base. I think its daft if we don't get Aouar.

I'm not really sure what Pep looks for in midfield but it seems to be his blindspot. I'd obviously take Aouar over Gundo but I just don't see anything he's better at than Foden.

I'm not really sure what Pep looks for in midfield but it seems to be his blindspot. I'd obviously take Aouar over Gundo but I just don't see anything he's better at than Foden.
Well its supposed to be this "pausa" quality that we have now lost that Silva has left, Gundogan is the only one in the team with the same quality according to an article that was in The Athletic.

I think Bernardo and Foden are too forward thinking and risk takers for Pep which is why he rarely puts them there. Foden and Bernardo I think are battling with Mahrez and Torres to occupy a forward slot either as a winger or just behind a striker and/or Sterling.

"central midfield player - especially one who is neither defensively a machine nor offensively a machine"

He turned 22 1.5 months ago FFS. Name me one player on our club who was a legit "machine" at 22. I've scanned the roster:
KDB no
Bernie no
Fern no
Laps no
Gabby not there yet
Raz no (10 goals all comps that age)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.