Houssem Aouar

Well its supposed to be this "pausa" quality that we have now lost that Silva has left, Gundogan is the only one in the team with the same quality according to an article that was in The Athletic.

I think Bernardo and Foden are too forward thinking and risk takers for Pep which is why he rarely puts them there. Foden and Bernardo I think are battling with Mahrez and Torres to occupy a forward slot either as a winger or just behind a striker and/or Sterling.

I don't know, I don't think Bernardo is that forward thinking from that role. He holds onto the ball better than anyone in our squad. That Liverpool game was unbelievable, and I don't see how more control in the centre of the pitch helps us. David could control but his main quality was his incisiveness in that half space. I'm not against getting Aouar but it's just a ridiculous waste of quality if the likes of Bernardo and Foden start the season on the bench when they would start for most teams in the world.

"central midfield player - especially one who is neither defensively a machine nor offensively a machine"

He turned 22 1.5 months ago FFS. Name me one player on our club who was a legit "machine" at 22. I've scanned the roster:
KDB no
Bernie no
Fern no
Laps no
Gabby not there yet
Raz no (10 goals all comps that age)

At the end of the 2013/14 season Raz had 12 career goals. He was 19 at the end of the 2013/14 season and scored a further 22 goals in his next two seasons ... so 34 at age 21.

Absolutely baffled by the continuing links to this guy. We don't have room in the squad for another central midfield player - especially one who is neither defensively a machine nor offensively a machine. Auoer is a younger version of Gundo and we have Gundo.

It's telling that the only place that we're linked with him is in the French press.

Oh and also City themselves briefed categorically just a few days ago they will not be buying a CM this window.

It might be because Prestwich Blue says we have already signed him.

Absolutely baffled by the continuing links to this guy. We don't have room in the squad for another central midfield player - especially one who is neither defensively a machine nor offensively a machine. Auoer is a younger version of Gundo and we have Gundo.

It's telling that the only place that we're linked with him is in the French press.

Oh and also City themselves briefed categorically just a few days ago they will not be buying a CM this window.

All the same both Pep and KDB name checked Aouar after the Lyon game. I wouldn’t be surprised if we are in for Martinez that Gundogan goes the other way.

We might not have an immediate "need" for him but there's a few things we can't forget:

1. City have been burned several times by not being proactive enough in the market - following up a good summer window with a poor one, or waiting a year too long to replace players
2. Due to the pandemic, everyone is on sale this summer and very few teams have cash to spend
3. The fixture congestion will be insane next year, and players will need to be rested more. Not to mention the euros are now on for next summer and that makes it tougher to sign players
4. You can never have enough talent on a squad

I think Aouar is a fantastic player and brings a bit of quality we could use into the midfield. The fact Pep and KDB are saying the same speaks volumes, to me at least. They process and understand the game at a level I just never will. Whether he would take Gundo's spot this year or the next - we'd get him much cheaper this summer, and get returns sooner. I'd be all for this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.