how are older blues handling this?

Getting the rush again. Saw Colin Bell captain Bury against City at Gigg Lane and been all over with them untill I left for NZ in '77. This is different than buying Rodney Marsh trust me.

46 and still remember the overhead kick by Tueart like it was yesterday. Remember the greats like Franny, King Colin, Big Joe etc. Interestingly City started with 9 english and 2 scottish players, Newcastle started with 10 english and 1 scottish.

Here's hoping that the 2009+ team can be as good or better.

bezer57 said:
Hollywood Blue said:
42, I tend to have that "I'll believe it when I see it" stance.
iam 51 and i think the same heard and seen it all at city so just wait and see but lovin it

Im 48 and was lucky enough to be at the 76 league cup final. Im keeping an open mind on all whats going on, after all we are CITY.

Odds on to cock it all up. Or has a new blue order actually arrived.

Brucie Bonus said:
Be 40 at the end of the month...get in there! We few, we happy few...

Get a little peeved at the angst and "are we losing our soul?" stuff, I'll tell you that for nowt.

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that follows City with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day when we did sign Kaka shall gentle his condition;
And wankers from other teams across England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods knuckle shuffling about signing the best player in the world
Dreaming of the silverware apportioned in years to come to our noble cause.

I'm 60 and have been to the Wembley and Vienna finals and seen it all ,although it is about time for the younger ones to experience some of it I am still very jealous of them because I won't be there in person this time around to see what could be even better than that great team of Uncle Joes.

I'm 58 and was there at Newcastle when we won league and I must say that this time is the most exciting in our history. What does the future hold? Everything, I hope!

Feeling really old !!. I'm 72 this year and go back to the Frank Swift era with Paddy Fagan, Bert Sproston etc. going to Maine Road with my Dad. Then the Bert Trautman era and of course the fabulous Bell, Lee Summerbee era. I'm hoping this is a new beginning to cap the lot !!.

marcus said:
i would say my age group 35-40, has had the most heart ache of any othercity fans. i was 2 when we last won a trophy so ive seen jack shit ever since!!!

slightly older and you remember the good times, slightly younger and this is just how it is, misery, supporting city so it hasnt affected you quite the same(yet)!

but my age, we just missed the trophy winning games, so near but yet so far. all this (extremely mild) hint of a very small possibilty of success is making me feel sick!!! i cant handle it. we're in the running for kaka ffs!!!

i'm so giddy its untrue but then there is a small part of me that is scared!! that make sense?
Yes we've seen it before,BUT we should have pushed on & done similar to what L'pool did, so we still have unfinished buisness.

I was speaking to my dad (59) earlier and he said he wasnt sure to laugh or cry.........on one hand he is like the rest of us, delirious, but on the other, saddened by the fact that we'll never really be a "Manchester City" team, the days of producing home grown players who followed City as kids and grew up in Sale, Moston, Stockport or wherever seem to be long gone. Must be difficult for the older generation to accept that football is now a multi billion pound business, and not just a game.

I am 39, and i feel like a kid with this.

I expect it not to go through, same as Ronaldino, but thats what i keep telling myself incase it doesnt go through to soften the blow, but i know deep inside it wont.

One thing though, i have done nothing in work for the last few days apart from pressing refresh lol.

lee

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.