how are older blues handling this?

My old man would have spontaneously combusted. He had followed since standing behing trautmans net in the late 1940's and was at NCL in 68, Wembley 69, Wembley 81 (twice)

Shame he missed it, but on the other hand i think he'd have struggled with Frank, the arabs, robinho, 100m players etc, yet still being unable to beat Forest

funny times ahead for us all!

i am 58 & saw the good old days,was a joy to see the rags running scared.been in exile for the last 35 years putting up with so called rag supporters who don,t even know where the theatre of crap is,i can,t get my head around the money being mentioned . i am sure if Kaka joins City others will follow ,bring on the good times. ps here in south africa kak means shit hope thats not the case with Kaka

I'm 42 went to Wembley 4 times

Wolves 74 LOST
NUFC 76 Didn't get ticket!!!
Spurs 81 DRAW and LOST
Chelsea 86 LOST

Saw the end of he good times Bell, Lee, Summerbee etc...

But the answer to the Original question. I am buzzin my tits off!!!!!!

Thaksins Love Child said:
I am 29. I have never seen City win anything!

My first memory of City was being in my garden with my dad in 89. He was listening to Bradford v City. We needed a point on the last game of the season to go into the old Division 1.

We were getting beat with 4 mins left, then Trevor Morley scored and we went up. I still have that season's highlights on video. I would have been 10 at the time.

I'm 30 in march and all I've had my whole life is shite football and the piss taken out of me by rags and other glory hunting cunts. Bring on the 100 million pound players, bring on the £500,000 a week wages, bring on buying the league jibs i just need somthing after all these years.

I'm 50 next week, my first match was '69 cup final. Saw the good days and the start of the slide, then the fight back. But this is mind blowing. Dont know about light at the end of the tunnel I think its a laser.
Not been this giddy since I was a kid.

I'm 40. At first it felt like I was losing my club's identity but now I'm as giddy as a giddy thing. Let the good times roll. Sod it, lets spend, spend, spend. I've been deprived for too long.

47 and enjoyed the years when we won things and were in contention for things. This seemed to stop in 1981 with that damned cup final (whicc I was at, my only cup final).

I am overjoyed to see that the good times are returning.

HOWEVER, I am more pleased for my kids who I have indoctrinated to be Blues and who have had to put up with more than their fair share of crap from other fans of other teams for supporting City (I live darn sarf near Cambridge). I hope for their sakes more than mine, that the good times roll again.

i am 50 in April and was lucky to see the late 60's team on tv and their sucsess also i was at Wembley 76 so i have seen the good and the bad. I was also at Wembley 99 but that was heart attack stuff i never watched any of the penalties. Being from Belfast i have had to indure all the rags and scouse on why i follow city as George Best was at his peak and from Belfast but i stuck to my guns and wouldn't change it for the world. Knowing my luck i will probably pop it when we start winning trophies again but hopefully i will see the roller coaster ride for the next lot of seasons.

I'm 39 and I am high as a kite.

I work in Scumderland and they are sooooooooooo jealous of all this.

Can't wait till 28th V's Newcastle. Got my ticket ready for the revolution!!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.