How are we all feeling about our club today?

A unbreakable rule of thumb amongst our fans: the less they know about football, the less they like Begeristain and Soriano. Their opinion of those two's ability acts as a direct barometer of their intelligence.
Lol. Can't even spell Txiki's name so pipe down about intelligence.

Mixed, and considerably lower than it was before Sunday.

Given he's been to Manchester once in 13 years, I don't think he is as involved as you believe him to be.

Soriano is paid to run the club and the City Football Group. The sheikh has better things to do.

The board collectively took the decision, on the advice of the CEO. It has proved to be an error, so the CEO should pay the price.

But everything else Soriano has done for the club has been very good, look how we’ve grown commercially to a point where we’re not far off overtaking the rags and scousers.

Not only that but who out there is available as a better CEO (apart from Garry Cook!). Sacking Soriano for this would be like sacking Pep for losing one cup game.

But everything else Soriano has done for the club has been very good, look how we’ve grown commercially to a point where we’re not far off overtaking the rags and scousers.

Not only that but who out there is available as a better CEO (apart from Garry Cook!). Sacking Soriano for this would be like sacking Pep for losing one cup game.
Oh god, don't even go there. My rule of thumb that a fan's football intelligence can be mapped directly from their opinion of Soriano and Txiki works in reverse with Garry Cook.

The crushing irony here is that ultimately a deal like this would faciliate both of those.
Yep cos the millions made from the PL and CL successes and TV deals have led to cheaper Season Tickets..... Oh wait a minute....

Fantastic, considered post as ever Chris.

Point 4 is interesting. I think I agree with what you've said but if they have been so intent on damging us, then why throw us a lifeline? It's not like Sheikh Mansour needs the money. So credibility probably plays some part, maybe protecting the investment he's made in the club. Who knows?

One theory is that one reason they needed us and Chelsea was to protect themselves from PL action, which needs a two-thirds majority. That's 14 clubs, so 6 clubs against the other 14 is no guarantee of protection unless they had the nod from one or two others that they wouldn't vote to expel the 6. Both Burnley and Fulham have US owners and Shaheed Khan, like the other 3 US owners, has interests in NFL and the PL. No Super League would ever include those two clubs of course but there may have been other incentives offered. It also might explain the timing, before Fulham depart the PL as now it now seems inevitable they will.

It also wouldn't surprise me that we were put in a position where we had to decide quickly whether we were in or out but I would be surpised if we hadn't a clear picture of what was going on for some time. I suspect we had to sign the letter of intent as a condition of hearing the details of the contract and if what you've heard about the timing is true, that fits with the leak to Ziegler over the weekend. I can't imagine that was anyone other than us who did brief him and that it was a deliberate attempt to cause as much chaos as possible. That would lead me to think that we really never had any intention of doing this, rather than that we went into it without realising what the PR impact would be, which cheers me up.

I know from sources within and without the club how much animosity the US-owned clubs have displayed towards us, and I believe it's reciprocated. These clubs, and others, have threatened our very existence and gone out of their way to achieve that aim.

Time will tell if it's been a cunning conspiracy or a cock-up but I'd like to think we saw a heaven-sent opportunity to hit our rivals hard and we took it.
and got the job done even though it tastes bitter but I’ll take it.

I don't want Gary Cook back, but at least he had the integrity to resign after making a collosal error. It isn't one or the other though - plenty of CEOs out there.

I like some of the things Soriano has done, commercially but more importantly I will credit him with the decision not to furlough staff.

"Everything else he has done" is moot. Him and the other drivers from each club need to be removed from football or this will happen again under a different guise.

The biggest casualty in all this is Ed Wood Wood Wood. Shame! I think it may open doors for us within the corridors of power both here and at uefa.

Do think Khaldoon Ferran and Twixky are ace poker players. They may have lost credibility with some fans but I don't think they've been terrible for us too often. A rebalancing needs to occur at the top level of the game so that owners don't take us the paying punters for granted.

Happy, however I want something from the club, an explanation, a reason why, in my own way I've convinced myself that it was some sort of ruse, I will find positives because I'm a gullible dickhead, I want the truth and a big fuck off apology

take the red pill mate, forget the blue pill it is too much hassle and theres no going back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.