How are we all feeling about our club today?

Ok fine, a bit of ohhh and ahhing the past 2-3 days . Some people got giddy, but I never truly believed it would go through
People go through worse.

Don't be ridiculous. Nobody should go, nobody will go, but if anyone was to it would need to be the ones that signed up for it the owner and the chairman.Not an employee.
The over reactions of some is mind boggling, but the blame of Soriano rather than the club is probably those that have always had an issue / agenda against Soriano and Begiristain,
A unbreakable rule of thumb amongst our fans: the less they know about football, the less they like Begeristain and Soriano. Their opinion of those two's ability acts as a direct barometer of their intelligence.

Just a thought, if we were trying to fillet the cartel and bring them down, what would our communications strategy look like?

No quotes from the club when we joined

Quotes from Joel Glazer on our website

Pep speaking out about it

Players speaking out about it

First to leave

No comment from the club

No apology
Ha! Ha! I don’t really buy into the theory of our deeper motives for getting involved in this, but now you mention it. In particular, the Glazer quotes on the website look a bit obvious.

He won't go because his bosses don't want him to, the bosses that agreed to sign up. Obviously he's a high level employee. not a tea boy. But carry on you obviously have an irrational issue with him and want to blame somebody without blaming his bosses. Why should he go and not his bosses,if it's so bad somebody needs to go ?
Khaldoon can fall back on a good track record. I do hope he comes out with a sincere apology, but that won't fix my view of him now either.

Fundamentally though, I believe it is Soriano that has driven this. This is based on reports over the last 3 days, reports going back further, but crucially is in line with speeches he has given publicly in the past which isn't second hand.

His views on football don't align with my own, and I don't want him running the club.

Khaldoon can fall back on a good track record. I do hope he comes out with a sincere apology, but that won't fix my view of him now either.

Fundamentally though, I believe it is Soriano that has driven this. This is based on reports over the last 3 days, reports going back further, but crucially is in line with speeches he has given publicly in the past which isn't second hand.

His views on football don't align with my own, and I don't want him running the club.
i'll repeat. A decision like this will be taken way above Soriano's head. So what's your opinion on The Sheikh and his brothers?

i'll repeat. A decision like this will be taken way above Soriano's head. So what's your opinion on The Sheikh and his brothers?
Mixed, and considerably lower than it was before Sunday.

Given he's been to Manchester once in 13 years, I don't think he is as involved as you believe him to be.

Soriano is paid to run the club and the City Football Group. The sheikh has better things to do.

The board collectively took the decision, on the advice of the CEO. It has proved to be an error, so the CEO should pay the price.

I'm a bit disappointed this happened but I've still always supported the club.

Every club has ups and downs.

I mean I actively support players like Sterling, Jesus, and Mendy, even on bad days, which I assure you is much more challenging than any ownership concerns. I even supported players like Robbie Fowler and McPointy when they were blues. I'll always support the club and everyone involved no matter how ugly it gets. I have limits but as it stands they've not been tested yet.

In the words of 21st century philosopher Gennaro Gattuso, with regards to City, it's "sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shit."

The crushing irony here is that ultimately a deal like this would faciliate both of those.
Well it did not happen, so he better get his hand in his extremely large pockets.

After the initial EPL games, they would have to give the tickets away to fill the grounds, the fans would not want to watch the same dull games every season , especially mid week.

Whatever, seat prices need to come back to the real world and I hope we take a lead in doing that, but more chance of pigs flying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.