How are we all feeling about our club today?

Still waiting for an explanation and an apology.

I was against the ESL but I think people are being very precious asking for apologies from or punishments for the clubs: they had an idea, it turned out to be hugely unpopular so they dropped it; it was an error of judgement not a crime.

I feel fine about my club: I'm sure they were trying to act in the club's best interest. I see it as business and don't take it personally.

Last edited:
I don't understand why people want a public apology. The apology was reversing a decision the club made as we all wanted. These statements and video's coming out by the other clubs are ridiculous nobody believes a word of it they are taking the fans for fools. I would rather silence and building bridges with the fans than some video of Khaldoon looking sad and trying to justify this to the fans because he can't, it would be pitiful. Also I find some fans are being very selective over who should fall on their sword. If we do get an apology and Khaldoon said it was his decision and Ferran tried to tell him it wasn't a good idea i'm sure many people insisting Ferran should be sacked wouldn't be as adamant that Khaldoon should go. I just want to get back to the football now.

I was against the ESL but I think people are being very precious asking for apologies from or punishments for the clubs: they had an idea, it turned out to be hugely unpopular so they dropped it; it was an error of judgement not a crime.

I feel fine about my club: I'm sure they were trying to act in the club's best interest. I see it a business and don't take it personally.
It’s precisely because it’s not a crime that I wouldn’t want a punishment.

I get you are fine but others are not and want to make sure this doesn’t happen again. After trying to form a league which went against sporting merit and was condemned by Pep and the players it’s not crazy to ask for the club to address the supporters at some point. We are part of this club.

Last edited:
Whatever you do City. Do NOT and I repeat do NOT give us any groveling insincere apology.

I don't want to hear you are incompetent. I would like to believe this is one of our famous operation longbows this time executed with military-grade intelligence.

I would question one thing though. You took out Ed Woodward. We might come to regret that.
Turning into a fucking joke now with all the sensitive souls wanting apologies left right and centre.

People genuinely believe this was some sort of masterstroke by City to 'take down' the other clubs joining the ESL?

Fucking loons :-D
This is the same type of logic that Trump supporters use to suggest it was Antifa that stormed the Capitol building on Jan 6th, its easier to live with than the alternative which is we aren't really that important to the owners and the club

I don't understand why people want a public apology.
Because thats 2021 in a fucking nutshell...its salem witch trails if anyone says or does anything deemed out of line. Every move is played out under a microscope these days and people are fucking irrational.

Bring back pre social media days for me.

Because thats 2021 in a fucking nutshell...its salem witch trails if anyone says or does anything deemed out of line. Every move is played out under a microscope these days and people are fucking irrational.

Bring back pre social media days for me.
Oh so true. Fucking Mary Ellens. We ain't fucking scousers.

I don't understand why people want a public apology. The apology was reversing a decision the club made as we all wanted. These statements and video's coming out by the other clubs are ridiculous nobody believes a word of it they are taking the fans for fools. I would rather silence and building bridges with the fans than some video of Khaldoon looking sad and trying to justify this to the fans because he can't, it would be pitiful. Also I find some fans are being very selective over who should fall on their sword. If we do get an apology and Khaldoon said it was his decision and Ferran tried to tell him it wasn't a good idea i'm sure many people insisting Ferran should be sacked wouldn't be as adamant that Khaldoon should go. I just want to get back to the football now.
And saying nothing, somehow doesn't take us for fools? As for building bridges with fans again I agree 100% but with silence what are they going to do get Rowan Atkinson to reprise his role as Mr. Bean for us before our home games? As for who should or shouldn't be sacked, I really don't have a clue and people calling for heads based on what we have got over the last 5 or so days is at the very best guess work. At the end of the day I'm royally pissed off with the club, the owners might have been doing the best thing for the club and no one should be fired, but that doesn't change the fact that they took us all for granted and thought we would just drink their koolaid

I don’t want an apology, public or otherwise, I would just like an explanation. Not an explanation from the stupid, City hating media, not an explanation from (forgive me Blue Mooners) fans on keyboards who are no nearer the club than we are. Definitely not an explanation from Sorriano. Just an explanation from Khaldoon. Plus I don’t want it just for the fans, I would like it for the hard working staff at City, for every single one of them. Thank you.

Dear Supporter,

I am writing to you regarding the events of the past few days.

I am sorry it has taken a little time, but the circumstances have been somewhat exceptional and it was important to me to contact you directly.

As you know, Manchester City has formally enacted the procedures to withdraw from the group developing plans for a European Super League.

As always, when we make choices and decisions, we do so with the best interests of the Club in mind and we believed that being part of such an initiative could give us a voice that might be imperative to our future ability to succeed and grow.

However, in making that choice we failed to remind ourselves of the unbreakable link between the passion of our fans and the right to have the opportunity to earn success. It is a truth that is fundamental to the DNA of Manchester City and the Board deeply regrets taking a decision that lost sight of the historic values of the Club. We made a mistake and we sincerely apologise to our fans for the disappointment, frustration and anguish caused by the last 72 hours.

I want to personally assure you that the Owners, Chairman, Board and staff are completely committed to ensuring that the club continues to contribute meaningfully to the ongoing well-being of both the English and European football pyramids and their associated competitions. We will embrace the opportunity to earn back the full trust of our stakeholders and the football family in general.

I thank you for taking the time to read this and I extend my thanks to you for your continued support.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Etihad Stadium as soon as circumstances allow.

Yours sincerely

Ferran Soriano, CEO

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.