How are we feeling about renewals

This might be a silly question but can you share a season ticket?? I am sure my mate in manc says he does,share the cost and sort out the games between you,that way you spend les money but you can still go if you fancy it,half in half out
Ignore me if i have got that wrong

This might be a silly question but can you share a season ticket?? I am sure my mate in manc says he does,share the cost and sort out the games between you,that way you spend les money but you can still go if you fancy it,half in half out

I don't think you can do it on a formal arangement but a friend based in London and I did that for a number of years. Both of us had 2 kids and he had 3 tickets in the family stand. Obviously, it was hard for him to get up every week so we shared. The tickets were his though and the question of priority was understood at the start to avoid any question of "misunderstanding" when the big games came around. I missed 93.20 for that reason but that's the risk when you make the arrangement and I never regretted it because we saw a lot of games that season we wouldn't have otherwise.

No brainer for me. I am a City fan, always have been and always will be(since 1955). That means I will go to as many games as I possibly can, no matter what.

First and foremost - CITY

CTID

Well I've had one near enough every season since my old fella started taking me in 70/71 with a few years here & there missing due to personal circumstances.

In the past few seasons I've made a conscious decision to move from my prized position in 117 to up in the gods in 315 partly due to financies and partly due to City putting half a step on the terracing where I was stood which was a broken ankle/fall waiting to happen. A good half of the people around me went into SS3 (killing I dare say the atmos).

I've never felt less if a part and less valued by City, in the recent past I've dropped platanum, CL scheme (won't go to any CL games now after the matchday experience turned to eat shit with away fans everywhere, tourists & UEFA all fucking me off. Only tend to do Wembley & maybe 1/2 other aways at the most. Binned the LC scheme this season as night games can be a pain. I'll not mention the over zealous stewards, crap bar staff, Hugh fucking ferris, cheese etc I could go on and on.

Suppose the bottom line is I'll be there again more for the social side & the belonging but it's getting less fun & more a duty. Certainly if the VAR shit early in the season was still gives my on with us I'd be less likely to renew although I'm fully aware that once the damage has been done the fuckers can ease off a bit.

I'd like to say maybe next season will be my last if things don't improve but the chances are I'll be here until I peg it.

The alternative used to be , watch Bury, get to the pub earlier, go shopping, The tv orientated kick offs are a pain , pass me the renewal form we need to stuff the scousers again plus it's Sergio's last year?

I’m not particularly enjoying going to the match anymore. The place is rife with non-City fans. They’re everywhere! The match day experience is aimed at kids and the club don’t understand football culture one bit.

I feel like an outsider to what the club want. If they could get me to fuck off so they could get someone in my place (whether they were a City fan or not) who’d pay a bit more for their ticket and spend more in the shop, their reaction would be “excellent, got rid of another!”

Feeling like that makes me think about not renewing, a lot. As well as continual price hikes, hugely above the rate of inflation, it’s like having two fingers stuck up at you every season for long standing support that means precisely fuck all to our board room.

And VAR is fucking shit. I’ve not celebrated a goal all season. Not properly. In the back of my mind, every time the ball has hit the net, I’ve held back massively and can’t stop thinking “wonder what that could be disallowed for?” rather than thinking “YYESS YEEEEES FUCKING YYYEEESSS!!!”

But I’m obsessed with City, always have been. I love the team the manager the shirt the badge the 126(almost now) years of history... so it would be very hard to give it up.

It all depends on whether they increase prices and by how much.

I think the first step would be to ask one of my mates to share a seasoncard with me so we can half the price and go to half the games each. I have a few mates who do that already. Three lads share two seasoncards and share the games between them.

I'm 65 in August, does anyone know if I would Qualify for OAP rate when I renew? or will I have to wait till the season after

A big factor could be the pricing. A lot of people, already disillusioned with VAR and the match going experience, might find yet another price rise unpalatable. That said, I think most will probably renew, especially as it could well be Guardiola’s last season.

Yes. Back when my Dad used to work some Saturdays so couldn’t always go, me, my Dad, my older cousin and her son used to share two season tickets. And as I said above I have three mates who share two cards now.

But it’s not just the price that’s the stumbling block. There are a number of factors now. Whereas when we lost thousands of fans in the past it was just the price increases, now it’s the feel of our stands and VAR as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.