How are we feeling about renewals

Well I will renew till the day I die. What else do you do on a Saturday? And it’s only 19 times a year.

No brainier.
Well I go out with the family because we hardly ever play on a Saturday these days, it’s not the 70s you know ;)

It isn't the price increases that will get to me, although the FOC prices are quite good, it's the RDAHMeedya shite that pervades the entire game at every level, men, women and kids, the drooling over anyone who exhibits some modicum of skill but who manages it clad in scarlet, the incessant downgrading of anything that our club or players do, the notion of FArce governance that I see as nothing but the contents of a sewage farm, the institutionalised cheating by refs, the incompetence of PiGMOL, and the PL who are more concerned with the brand than the game. My club will always be with me, but the game can fuck off!

93:20 spoiled football forever, I could have stopped watching the game right there. If Carlsberg did football seasons, they wouldn't beat that.

The problem is to be the best it seems you have to compete on and off the pitch these days. This means monetising every area of the game and this is where we have a problem, we just don't have the level of support to compete with the teams that have been in the top echelon for decades, it will take a lot longer before we can match them but they got there first so it will be a lot harder. Do the club really need to fleece fans year after year? I don't think so. Time to concentrate on getting loyal and full stands around level 1 and the ends week in week out. Half the North Stand was empty at kick off on Saturday and it's obvious some fans are picking and choosing games to attend which is affecting atmosphere and bringing in random (groups of) fans of other teams, via the ticket exchange I assume. Perhaps cheaper seasoncards with only 2 chances to use the ticket exchange or lose your seat in those areas - £300 every seat, it'll never be empty. Put the kids at the front and get the players to go round after the game to sign shirts and so on.

VAR is tricky. If other teams' support starts to falter then it'll get dumped but if it's just City's then it's job done by those wanting harm to our club. I'm not giving them the satisfaction, I'll still celebrate then learn to live with overruled decisions. Let's see how it "evolves".

CTID

I'll renew cos it's what I do. But I'll also admit I'm getting more and more pissed off with things and might sack off a few more away games as VAR is becoming the straw that broke the camel's back.
As fans we've put up with a load of shite on and off the pitch. The on-pitch stuff you have to tolerate if you support your team - shite performances, inability to keep a clean sheet, relegation, and Alan fucking Ball and Stuart Pearce as managers. But the off-pitch stuff such as stupid kick-off times, VAR, jobsworth stewards, S/T price increase, no points for dragging a couple of hundred miles to offer support at away games, the club chasing the tourist market etc is getting harder to ignore.

In a real dilema. My son has started competitive swimming and the timetables for it are a nightmare. Means im going to miss more and more games at weekend and working away in the week make it harder and harder to get to midweek games. Really begrudging to give it up, but when i might miss half the games its just not worth it.

I won’t be renewing, and to be honest I should’ve knocked it on the head end of last season.

Main reasons are not having the time to take 5-6hrs out of my day to attend a match, kick off times and quite frankly I enjoy watching it more in the pub or at home.

football is way down the list of my priorities in terms of time and money at the minute.

50/50 for me at the minute. I still love going to the match, win, lose or draw. What I'm concerned about is the rising cost. A change in job has also meant I have missed 3 games already (seat has been filled by my dad ) & can't make the Utd or Real games due to work. I'll probably renew this year & see how many games I can get in next season.

I’ll renew again, but I’m expecting another season ticket price rise with more gimmicks and twists added to platinum, gold, citizens cards and loyalty points.

Wouldn’t it be nice, just for once, if City just left everything as it currently is, and all you had to do was renew.

No doubt, over the coming weeks the execs and directors will be looking at more ways to drive revenue steams on the terraces and on the concourses.

Not renewing was never a thought. Now it is a thought for some City fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.