How are you getting to the Cup Final?

Jump on the motorbike. 30 yards from home onto the North Circular. 1.3 miles (and about 5-7mins) weaving effortlessly through traffic, with Oasis blaring on the bike radio. Direct to pre-paid (£10) parking directly next to the stadium. Walk to seat (about 4 mins)...but hey, makes up for the 25+ trips a season for more than 35 years on shite Virgin/Avanti or for mid-weeks, the 4-5 hour motorway home through the night on the single open lane on the M6/M1 back to London...come on City!

Jump on the motorbike. 30 yards from home onto the North Circular. 1.3 miles (and about 5-7mins) weaving effortlessly through traffic, with Oasis blaring on the bike radio. Direct to pre-paid (£10) parking directly next to the stadium. Walk to seat (about 4 mins)...but hey, makes up for the 25+ trips a season for more than 35 years on shite Virgin/Avanti or for mid-weeks, the 4-5 hour motorway home through the night on the single open lane on the M6/M1 back to London...come on City!
You and Frank Swift, who rode through the night on his bike from Fleetwood to Wembley with a ticket in his pocket to watch City v. Everton in the Cup Final in 1933. (And maybe you too will be in goal for City in next year's Final!)

Last edited:
Driving down Friday and back Sunday.

Got an AirBnB in Watford with my youngest son, eldest cant make it.

Youngest is going to Oz in June for 12 months so his last game for a while so thought we would make a weekend of it.

We’re in Watford both nights
Staying at the travel lodge
Like a few beers in Watford
I think we're Watford also

Spot on that. I drove home from London a few years ago up the M40 and had one up my arse for 20 miles or more, with his headlights on full beam. The traffic was pretty much 50-70 in all lanes so I wasn’t pulling in (even if I could) just to struggle to get back out. Where it was clear the **** undertook me nearly swiping the rear of my car as I was moving across into lane 2. Reckon I was millimetres from death. They’re all the same, the quicker they wipe themselves out the better.

I have booked a seat on the official club coach from East Didsbury tram stop. I have got a confirmation email but nothing else. Should I be getting a mobile ticket to add to my Google wallet and if so when do you think I will receive it?

9.45 train from Leeds to Kings Cross , hotel in bayswater, return on one o clock train on Sunday after a few beers with the hordes from Leeds no doubt.

I’m in central London this year. Any blues planning drinking somewhere central before heading to Wembley or know of any pubs that will be city. I’m guessing the globe etc on Baker Street will be Rag central?

You live 1.3 miles away and pay £10 for parking?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.